Dunfermline vs Brechin

Congratulations Dunfermline - best team in League 1 this season by a distance.

I was pleased to see we gave you a game today and our recent improvement has continued. Earlier in the season you would have given us a real hammering after going 2-0 up. We now have to move on and have 5 winnable games to complete "The Great Escape".

Mon the Hedge!

Plus you get Spence back to win those games. Golden.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I thought we would probably win, I really didn't expect Peterhead to lose to Cowden so it was a bit of a surreal one today. Thank Christ we're finally out of this league - it's been a hard slog.

Anyway, ticket collected today for Albion so looking forward to what should be a cracking away day.

COYP

Congratulations Dunfermline - best team in League 1 this season by a distance.

I was pleased to see we gave you a game today and our recent improvement has continued. Earlier in the season you would have given us a real hammering after going 2-0 up. We now have to move on and have 5 winnable games to complete "The Great Escape".

Mon the Hedge!

Previous game Pars went 2-0 up, we got a goal back, but then won 3-1.

This time, we, erm, yeah. 3-1.

Well done the Pars.

Fantastic scenes at EEP this afternoon. It was brilliant to see the players and fans celebrate and something that will stay with us forever.

Onto the game, Brechin very unlucky not to take a point, thought they played well . We didn't play once we went 2-0 up and seemed to get nervous.

But Christ, Faissal El Bahktauoii.... Two of his strikes were phenomenal. Really doubt we will hang onto him, some of his touches, finishing and movement this season really belongs at a higher level. Would love to have him for another season but just can't see it.

Faiss was sensational.He works so hard too. Brechin must have sliced the ball out of play seven or eight times as a result of him closing down defenders. Be great to keep him but he's far too good for us - just glad to have seen the goals today. 

Went to the game today as a mate is a pars fan, thought that el bakwhatshisface was really impressive, very little chance that you guys will be able to keep him. Also though Brechin looked quite good and am quite confused at how they're at the bottom. Anyway, congratulations on winning the Diddy league, see you next year fuckerz xoxoxo

P.s Your bridies are shite, mines was cold and my mates was burnt.

I got mine just before half time. Slightly warm but moist, just how I like them.

Half time came and I only had to wait 2 mins until reports of 'sold out bridies' came through. It's as if I'd played this game before.

Oooffft, that was one of those days that makes it all worthwhile. I'll maybe post fuller thoughts on the game tomorrow but the team have done brilliantly this season, Faissal will never stay as he is majestic and I can't wait for next season in the Championship.

Brechin were really good though and they deserved a point. Caused us a lot of problems. Hope you stay up.

Think I'll grab another beer...

You're welcome fella, but wait till you see the shite we save for you next season. Enjoy

Would love to know what you're basing this on when you've been bottom of the league most of the season.

The last 4 games before yesterday speak for themselves .  The addition of Spence , Watt and Coogans have added quality which was missing in our attacking midfield. 

Congratulations the Pars by far the best team in the division.Onto Brechin,Dodds feigning injury to go off early as he couldn't cope with the Pars front line,he really is too slow now,needs to concentrate on his job on the touchline and why change the formation after the last 4 games is beyond me.Just hope that this result doesn't de-rail our chances of avoiding the drop but can't see that happening now.

Your hatred of Dods knows no bounds. 

In the last 4 games Dods has changed formations to suit the opposition ranging from a back 5 to a flat back four. So I don't know where you are coming from with that one 

Reading what just about every Pars fan is saying has me thinking that we can stay up.  Obviously your bitterness doesn't allow such positive thinking . 

Your hatred of Dods knows no bounds.

In the last 4 games Dods has changed formations to suit the opposition ranging from a back 5 to a flat back four. So I don't know where you are coming from with that one

Reading what just about every Pars fan is saying has me thinking that we can stay up. Obviously your bitterness doesn't allow such positive thinking .

You could have collapsed after going 2-0 but this is the point which you came alive and not only made it difficult to break you down, you were creating chances. If we didn't have the early cushion it may have turned out much differently. I see no reason why you can't get clear of the playoffs, never mind bottom spot.

You could have collapsed after going 2-0 but this is the point which you came alive and not only made it difficult to break you down, you were creating chances. If we didn't have the early cushion it may have turned out much differently. I see no reason why you can't get clear of the playoffs, never mind bottom spot.

So do we.  :thumsup2

Any idea when the highlights will be up?

Want to see the Faissal show again :-P

Got them on Sky (it was on sky sports news) so have watched them quite a few times. The four goals plus brief interview with AJ and Geggan.

Archived