The Play-Offs 15/16

Obviously we don't know who'll be playing who yet, but if it's Hibs v Raith to start us off I can't see Raith losing.

I can't say how Hibs have been playing for all of their recent poor run, but in their first three games with us they looked a tidy team who kept possession nicely in midfield and had plenty of creativity and imagination about them. Yes, we won one of them 3-0 and only lost by one goal in each of the other two, but the 3-0 was a classic counter-attacking smash and grab where Hibs were dominant throughout and were unfortunate that we defended so well. For all that their defence was a mess they still looked a class above us in possession, as they had in their wins over us. For the most part they've just looked like a side who have far more quality than the majority of sides in this division.

That's why I was shocked to see just how bad they've become on Saturday. They looked a decidedly ordinary team who offered nothing in attack apart from some speculative long range efforts, they had no shape or cohesion to their midfield and the always solid Hanlon aside, their defence were shaky and would have been punished by a more clinical side. On that performance they're indistinguishable from the mid-table non-entities of the division in Morton, St. Mirren & Queen of the South.

If they don't revert to their early season form Raith will dispose of them comfortably over two legs. Obviously McGeough's been a huge loss in midfield and that can't be helped, but Stubbs has a lot to answer for after persisting with absolute shite like Oxley, Bartley and Stokes.

The signing of Stokes really has fucked them. If they'd got a goalie instead in the winter window, and kept Malonga I think they'd be comfortably second just now.

Stubbs has to take all the blame for this absolute lolocaust of a campaign. It will never match their relegation disaster for prime Hibsiness but failing to get out of this division with their resources would be quite spectacular.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've lost once this season against Raith and Failkirk. We've got more than a good chance here, it all depends on how much the players have left in them having played so many games in such a short period of time.

The signing of Stokes really has fucked them. If they'd got a goalie instead in the winter window, and kept Malonga I think they'd be comfortably second just now.

Stubbs has to take all the blame for this absolute lolocaust of a campaign. It will never match their relegation disaster for prime Hibsiness but failing to get out of this division with their resources would be quite spectacular.

Quite spectacular? With about a tenth of the resources of the team in first? Dramatising just a tad aren't we?

How about a comparison with Raith, Falkirk and Killie?

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it's not as far apart as Rangers and the rest of this division.

If we fail to go up through the playoffs having reached the finals of both national trophies then it will reach a poor conclusion if we don't go up but in no way can it be described as a holocaust of a season of complete disaster. We could easily lose of over two legs to any of the teams mentioned, again, we could easily beat any of the teams mentioned also.

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it's not as far apart as Rangers and the rest of this division.

If we fail to go up through the playoffs having reached the finals of both national trophies then it will reach a poor conclusion if we don't go up but in no way can it be described as a holocaust of a season of complete disaster. We could easily lose of over two legs to any of the teams mentioned, again, we could easily beat any of the teams mentioned also.

Dunno about the other two, but we tried to sign El Alagui on loan apparently, and couldnt afford even a contribution to his wages.

Dunno about the other two, but we tried to sign El Alagui on loan apparently, and couldnt afford even a contribution to his wages.

We obviously done you a favour in that aspect. If this was in January I would take a guess that the majority of your budget was already spent at that point and probably wanting him for nothing.

When did Raith become world beaters?. In the January game they were  the worst football side I have seen play at Easter Road this season (and I include Dundee United in that assessment). Eye bleedingly bad football with no attempt to try and score. What happened in the interim and when did that change?

When did Raith become world beaters?. In the January game they were the worst football side I have seen play at Easter Road this season (and I include Dundee United in that assessment). Eye bleedingly bad football with no attempt to try and score. What happened in the interim and when did that change?

Only one defeat in the last fourteen games, does this help?

When did Raith become world beaters?. In the January game they were the worst football side I have seen play at Easter Road this season (and I include Dundee United in that assessment). Eye bleedingly bad football with no attempt to try and score. What happened in the interim and when did that change?

They seemed to kick on as soon as they punted Jon Daly. As far as I can see that ended the hoofball and the addition of Connolly and Hardie has made them a decent footballing (and evidently very hard to beat) team.

A right back came back into the side apparently. *shrug*. Must have been Carlos Alberto or Cafu, like, and not some solid dependable plodder like Jason Thomson.

More seriously, they brought in a bunch of loan and short term deal forwards who seem to have clicked.

The police have got provisional plans in place for a Saturday 5:15 kick off against Hibs, rather than the Sunday. Reckon there's a extremely high chance that'll be when it is, then.

I'll take that every day of the week.

Archived