CHAMPIONS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on managing - at the third attempt, and after the Cowden debacle and the heartbreak of last years 7th place finish - to win the much coveted Seaside League trophy.

No more than a big club deserves.

What a state to get into at getting promoted from the third tier, at the third attempt. An achievement that actually barely deserves being celebrated.

I hear Raith rounded off the achievement with a cup of tea and an early night in 2009, aye?

What a state to get into at getting promoted from the third tier, at the third attempt. An achievement that actually barely deserves being celebrated.

We have been promoted to the Premier League, relegated from the Premier League, almost went bust, been relegated from the Championship, spent 3 years in League 1 and been promoted back to the Championship Sice the Rovers last won a league.

I'm delighted to get up but let's not go daft. Lots of hard work over the summer and contracts to get sorted. We're now back to where we should be.

Couple of things here:

1. The players and fans have every right to go daft. The players have worked extremely hard, and these "full time team in a part time league" and "[insert any number between 3 and 15] times any other budget in the league" comments are both worn out and silly. Yes we have resources and a budget that aren't available to other clubs, but that is by no means an automatic qualification to stroll the league, as last season showed all too well. Especially the boys that have been at the club through the shitfest that we had to endure; the likes of Geggan, Falkingham and even Cardle, a player who was let go by the club because we couldn't and didn't pay him - decided to come back. I mind reading a small interview from Geggan, saying how shite it was being a professional footballer, but not being able to afford Christmas presents for your family and giving up your car in order to get by. You can see what it means to these players and they deserve every bit of credit and fun they'll undoubtedly receive/have over the next couple of months.

2. The "where we should be"/"where we belong" comments are a bit misplaced, too. We are in League One just now because the club deserves to be, we should be here and there's no way you could argue that we should never have ended up at this level.

These aren't personal digs at you, D.A.F.C, it's just a couple of points that have come up a lot recently from various people.

Celebrate being alive. Celebrate watching your team achieve. Celebrate unity and success. We will celebrate next week and the at the remaining games.

Don't you realise that we are Dunfermline, we do what we want in this Kingdom. 

Celebrate being alive. Celebrate watching your team achieve. Celebrate unity and success. We will celebrate next week and the at the remaining games.

Don't you realise that we are Dunfermline, we do what we want in this Kingdom.

The Kingdom moves to Coatbridge on Saturday. Is it time for a fiesta of inflatable madness, Fezs' and cheap costumes like Love Street back in the day? The team deserve a huge roar for their efforts but the team with two last names will want to urinate on the collective chips to get top 4.

For me, I just want Faissal to get top scorer for two reasons. First, I got a bet. More importantly, he deserves it. Those 12-1 odds look tasty...

Given that we would have had to go part time or worse had we not got promoted this season it is certainly worth celebrating

We have been promoted to the Premier League, relegated from the Premier League, almost went bust, been relegated from the Championship, spent 3 years in League 1 and been promoted back to the Championship Sice the Rovers last won a league.

We were busy beating the hunbags in a cup final

Couple of things here:

1. The players and fans have every right to go daft. The players have worked extremely hard, and these "full time team in a part time league" and "[insert any number between 3 and 15] times any other budget in the league" comments are both worn out and silly. Yes we have resources and a budget that aren't available to other clubs, but that is by no means an automatic qualification to stroll the league, as last season showed all too well. Especially the boys that have been at the club through the shitfest that we had to endure; the likes of Geggan, Falkingham and even Cardle, a player who was let go by the club because we couldn't and didn't pay him - decided to come back. I mind reading a small interview from Geggan, saying how shite it was being a professional footballer, but not being able to afford Christmas presents for your family and giving up your car in order to get by. You can see what it means to these players and they deserve every bit of credit and fun they'll undoubtedly receive/have over the next couple of months.

2. The "where we should be"/"where we belong" comments are a bit misplaced, too. We are in League One just now because the club deserves to be, we should be here and there's no way you could argue that we should never have ended up at this level.

These aren't personal digs at you, D.A.F.C, it's just a couple of points that have come up a lot recently from various people.

We should most definitely not have ended up in league one, it was gross mismanagement. I have the upmost respect for the current players, staff and directors now though. I was delighted on Saturday but not dancing about daft delighted. We did what was expected with our budget and team and it was down pretty much to appointing a very competent proven manager at this level.

I am very pleased for the players and they deserve respect regardless of budget. It must've been shit under Jefferies.

Archived