England

bobthespider

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this to some extent. Stones certainly has the potential to be a very good player. However, with the exception of Lukaku, Everton as a club have had a dreadful season, but I think Stones has come in for a lot of unfair criticism. By no means has he played well but there's a few occasions this last season I think he's copped a lot of flak for their defence being overrun and mistakes being made around him, but gets it tight because of the usual over-the-top media hype he generated the season before.

I think he tries too hard taking the ball in difficult situations and distributing it from the back , maybe it's because he got rave reviews when he first came onto the scene but sometimes he's just got tae think safety first. What happened to the lad Flanagan that plays with Liverpool he looked a cracking player but not heard about him in the last 12 to 18 months.

Listening to both 5 Live and Talksport on the way home from work there and it was glorious, commentators on both going mental because both seem under the impression that this is the starting lineup for the game against Russia. Kane and Vardy as wingers and Deli Alli as a holding mid all to shoehorn Rooney in to the team. My bet for Wales to win the group is looking a bit more promising now ðŸ‘

How on earth does Sterling get into the squad? He's been brutal for Man City this season, even Man City fans hate him at the moment.

Now I've said that he'll obviously score now.

If we're going to play the diamond Sturridge should start ahead of Vardy. He's much cleverer in tight spaces.

This performance is far from Sparkling ;)

Should gave gone 4-4-2 and rested Rooney at half time, imo.

Archived