Car insurance

My Car insurance due next month. Getting Quotes of between 500-1200 for nearly same cover and conditions from a current policy that cost me 275.00!!

This time last year i had 1 accident which was to blame and a SP30..

Now have the same (SP30 due off August) plus a recent PC20 for parking on a zig zag...

Question to those ITK, Would my PC20 raise my premium that much considering it wasnt something that dangerous or are we all paying for false claims and this is the normal for Quote to jump £200....

Thanks in advance

My Car insurance due next month. Getting Quotes of between 500-1200 for nearly same cover and conditions from a current policy that cost me 275.00!!

Now have the same (SP30 due off August) plus a recent PC20 for parking on a zig zag...

Question to those ITK, Would my PC20 raise my premium that much considering it wasnt something that dangerous or are we all paying for false claims and this is the normal for Quote to jump £200....

Thanks in advance

Not making anything clear wae that pal.

Not sure if that's a wind up Archie , But basically my new car insurance Quote has went from £275.00 to £500.00

Either because my additional 3points for stopping on a zig zag or general inflation in prices (Both excessive)

Just surprised and shocked when I got a quote , suppose the Q aimed at posters involved in car insurance or who have got same points as myself, Understand I have another 3 points from this time last year but for something so small like parking on a zig zag I wasn't expecting my insurance to go up over £200.00 if that is the reason

Regards

Thanks in advance

Of course you're paying extra for the SP30 AND the PC20 on top.

Sure, SP30s are as common as the cold thanks to cash cameras on every downward slope to catch the unwary, & most insurers don't bother upping their premiums for one. Twice getting points however & you've effectively told the insurance company you haven't learned your lesson & are therefore a greater risk for them to insure.

Yes, there's the element of premiums going up due to claims (not so much false ones despite the tabloid scare stories), plus age, what no claims you have & the problem if you live in a "problem postcode" area, but if you are six points or over many insurers will up their premiums.

Appreciate my points have doubled , Was on three points for SP30 and paid 295.00 last year

Considering my latest three for parking on zig zag would be classed as a lesser crime or danger to other road users and my own v letts Say Speeding, Drink driving , Driving uninsured , Driving and taking on a mobile etc etc I'm just generally shocked it has jumped up over £200.00 when perhaps if it was other way around would perhaps be understandable, Ie Zig zag old offence and speeding the latest

Here's a thought , If I buy 3rd party fire and theft and I am involved in a accident who pays for both cars repairs or replacements

Do a very low mileage and not willing to pay £500.00 for fully comp , maybe put car off the road and get train to work till my 1st three points come off in august if third party waste o time

If you are insured TPFT you are liable for the repairs to your car if you are involved in a fault accident. Your insurer would pick up the tabs for the other party repairs. If it's a no-fault accident you could claim direct off the third party.

Rarely do I see TPFT policies cheaper than fully comprehensive.

You have been caught twice for road traffic offences. Statically your insurer see you as someone who could potentially have another due to the fact you haven't learned your lesson.

Try a broker for a quote. Not that I'm biased...

I'm a part time insurance broker SSB. Just send me the usual details mate and I would be absolutely delighted to help you out.

It a pleasure to do business with you, as always.

It was clear he was under 25 when he started moaning about £500 being dear for car insurance tbh.

I'm under 25 and on the verge of buying myself a BMW 330, insurance companies the world over will earn a years worth of wages from me.

Thanks in advance

Classic Gypo jake.

Archived