Scotland

P45

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got on the bus the other day and 2 elderly Canadian tourists got on at Argyle Street at the Art galleries. They asked the driver to tell them when to get off for the town.

Once they sat down a couple of neds started slagging their accent and chucking monster munch at them.

The Canadian couple looked shaken and got off at the next stop.

Welcome to Scotland.

My mate and his missus have just visited from Australia, we done the touristy bit around Edinburgh, stopped off at Kinross and Loch Leven and then they went over to Islay passing through Aberfeldy, Falls of Dochart and a few other places. They ended up in Glasgow staying with relatives before flying off to Paris.

The weather held until they hit Glasgow. They have both said that the country is simply stunning, the food was fantastic and the whisky (they done 4 tours on Islay in two days) was 'out of this world'. They were amazed at the history on our doorsteps as well.

We never really appreciate what we have here, sometimes it takes a visitor to point out that we live in a pretty amazing place.

My mate and his missus have just visited from Australia, we done the touristy bit around Edinburgh, stopped off at Kinross and Loch Leven and then they went over to Islay passing through Aberfeldy, Falls of Dochart and a few other places. They ended up in Glasgow staying with relatives before flying off to Paris.

The weather held until they hit Glasgow. They have both said that the country is simply stunning, the food was fantastic and the whisky (they done 4 tours on Islay in two days) was 'out of this world'. They were amazed at the history on our doorsteps as well.

We never really appreciate what we have here, sometimes it takes a visitor to point out that we live in a pretty amazing place.

yip, I hear that every day in my job, tourists piss their pants for Scotland. I her it get called paradise' often, heaven on earth, you don't know how lucky you are etc.

Course they don't come here in January to be. Fair.

yip, I hear that every day in my job, tourists piss their pants for Scotland. I her it get called paradise' often, heaven on earth, you don't know how lucky you are etc. Course they don't come here in January to be. Fair.

Aye, they also wouldn't swap living in Australia for here.

I got on the bus the other day and 2 elderly Canadian tourists got on at Argyle Street at the Art galleries. They asked the driver to tell them when to get off for the town.

Once they sat down a couple of neds started slagging their accent and chucking monster munch at them.

The Canadian couple looked shaken and got off at the next stop.

Welcome to Scotland.

That's disgusting behaviour. Imagine wasting Monster Munch like that.

I know about10 Ozzies from over the years that happily live in Scotland. Know dozens of folk who went out to Australia but only 3 or 4 are staying there permanently and the rest including myself got sick of it and decided to come home so I'm sure a lot of Ozzies that come here feel the same. To say Australians wouldnt want to live here is a bit of a sweeping statement to say the least.

I think its great to get out if you are doing a job you can't be bothered with or are sick of it here for what ever reason but if you are happy here and have a decent job and are over 25 then its probably going to become a less and less attractive prospect to pack up and leave.

Im happy living in Scotland, probably because i have been and travelled but some friends who have never left here regret not going there or going travelling elsewhere when they had the chance. Still look back and wish i could live out my suit case for a few months and get drunk every night in the sunshine though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived