Scotland

P45

If we could ship the junkies and scumbags off to a deserted island and let them all scrap each other to death, Scotland would be perfect.

The 'North Rona Project'.

Like St Kilda, except nobody seems to know it exists due to omissions from most maps and we wouldn't have other states telling us to p*** off. Perfect. Just tell them it's a well paid Big Brother type show and just abandon them, actually leaving some hidden cameras for entertainment purposes of course. 

DAY 13

did-cavemen-eat_58116b13f629f089.jpg

Eta: I remember climbing a hill by Durness, looking out with binoculars on the clearest of days and thinking "wtf is that big island way out there?!". Had never heard of it.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty disappointing to read that so many people are angry at me for making it into the major leagues. Must be jealousy.

London is for those who aimed for the major league but didn't quite make it.

Keeping with the American sports theme, London is the NASL of the business world.

Anyway, despite fucking off, I quite like the ol' country.

This London stuff is amusing, considering that I lived there for years, and was an even bigger loser then than I am now   :lol:

Well played, Malky.

Where as the entirety of Scotland hates England...? What a bizarre post, why do you hate Scotland so much?

There are those who are undoubtedly anti Murray down south after his harmless ABE joke and then his last minute support of the Yes vote in the ref. There are just as many though who recognise the importance of the Davis Cup and British Olympic Tennis to him.

I've also had plenty of digs about all the home nations except Scotland qualifying for the Euros this summer, but don't you think most Scots would be giving it in spades if we were there and they weren't? Hmmmmm

This London stuff is amusing, considering that I lived there for years, and was an even bigger loser then than I am now :lol:

Well played, Malky.

Lived and worked in London for 12 months back in the 80's, I couldn't wait to get back home at the weekend! Perhaps that's why I never really settled not giving it a full go.

I thought it was hectic and unfriendly back then though (just from my own experience). The population must have grown by about another 3 million in the last 30 years at least, even busier now. Ok to for short visits, but couldn't live there again.

Well obviously, but I'm not the one giving it the Scottish cringe pretending it's only one way. There are plenty English who are anti jocks and plenty scots who are anti English. To suggest otherwise is bizarre levels of self depreciation on behalf of your country.

I wasn't suggesting otherwise mate, I just said most of the people I know down south who come up to visit (time and time again) absolutely love it. You can only go on your own experiences eh!?

Londons the most overrated city I've visited imo. Might partly be because I'm not keen on going on holiday in the UK.

Agreed. I went to London once. It was very busy, everybody was very rude, unfriendly and looked miserable.

There's a lot to be said for Scotland and the drugs/alcohol that make us all cheery and sound

Londons the most overrated city I've visited imo. Might partly be because I'm not keen on going on holiday in the UK.

When I was down there London really stank.  Literally stank.  Summers down there were an assault on the nostrils.  There was a sort of permanent aroma of warm garbage, BO and homeless people.  I don't know if it's improved any because the only place I've been in London for about 10 years if St. Pancras Euro terminal.

Also Soho was basically composed of record shops and sex clubs.  I'm guessing it's all trendy bars, galleries and inhabited by a completely different type of w****r now!

This London stuff is amusing, considering that I lived there for years, and was an even bigger loser then than I am now   :lol:

Well played, Malky.

I've visited London - it could have been me.

There are those who are undoubtedly anti Murray down south after his harmless ABE joke and then his last minute support of the Yes vote in the ref. There are just as many though who recognise the importance of the Davis Cup and British Olympic Tennis to him.

I've also had plenty of digs about all the home nations except Scotland qualifying for the Euros this summer, but don't you think most Scots would be giving it in spades if we were there and they weren't? Hmmmmm

I definitely would be :) I remember having arguments with non-football fans over the idea that not supporting each other at football doesn't mean we hate England or the English people.

I mostly meet the kind of folk you were talking about earlier, friendly and who have visited/ want to visit and like Scotland.

I have met the occasional arsehole who has issues but every country has some of those and we have plenty of them as well. I wouldn't like them to judge us on the idiots we have so I would judge them on theirs.

Go to London and I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated.

I lived there for 4 years and wasn't mugged. I must have not been appreciated. The c***s!

However, as I lived down there I am a winner.

I like to visit London, I think there would also be many positives about living there - things to do, restaurants, etc.

I'd hate to have to travel around the place to work and I think the quality of life would be highly dependent upon where you could afford to live.

I like to visit London, I think there would also be many positives about living there - things to do, restaurants, etc.

I'd hate to have to travel around the place to work and I think the quality of life would be highly dependent upon where you could afford to live.

I agree with that, I think if you go there when you're young and settle down, you'd never want to leave.

Although I thin a lot of it would depend on having a decent salary (decent by London standards, not decent by ours).

I like London as a weekend away type place, loads to do, nice bars and clubs and generally have always had a good time there, will be great when I head down to The NFL and Harry Potter world this year as well.

That said its the last place I'd ever want to stay in, there's only so much cunty people, homelessness and paying £6 a pint a man can deal with.

I like London as a weekend away type place, loads to do, nice bars and clubs and generally have always had a good time there, will be great when I head down to The NFL and Harry Potter world this year as well.

That said its the last place I'd ever want to stay in, there's only so much cunty people, homelessness and paying £6 a pint a man can deal with.

Imagine spoiling your trip to Harry Potter World by seeing too many homeless people.

The fucking nerve of London.

Imagine spoiling your trip to Harry Potter World by seeing too many homeless people.

The fucking nerve of London.

They are too a man, woman and child, inconsiderate arseholes.

Archived