Our Strongest XI

Marshmallo

For me Ritchie is our best player so he is to start every game.

Ritchie continually gives the ball away when flustered and looks like he's running in quick sand. A good left foot but i'm not sure that's enough.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland bring blood player with centre back, right full back and striker

We should be doing that just now its very true. I would like to see people like Wilson and eventually Souttar looked at at CB, Grimmer and Paterson at RB and Watt up front.

Also Gauld should be involved very soon.

Marshall

Martin (can't trust Hutton defensively)

Hanley

Berra

Robertson

D Fletcher

Mcarthur

Anya

Gauld (is ready now)

Naismith

S Fletcher

Would love to see Strachan take more of a gamble in the upcoming friendlies. Tierney and mcginn did well and genuinely think Christie, gauld, mckay and Paterson would do well at senior level.

Ritchie continually gives the ball away when flustered and looks like he's running in quick sand. A good left foot but i'm not sure that's enough.

Correct.   But a goal masked another awful performance,  I reckon he touched the ball 3 times in the 2nd half.  

He's just not nearly good enough,  time to learn and move on. 

Correct. But a goal masked another awful performance, I reckon he touched the ball 3 times in the 2nd half.

He's just not nearly good enough, time to learn and move on.

He's got a magnificent left foot but offers very little else. He's so slow as well

I think Strachan rates Snodgrass and Ritchie equally, the right wing slot is a toss of a coin.

Snodgrass will play as the second forward, I would imagine, with Anya and Ritchie stick ons for the wide midfield spots.

Matt Ritchie is a summer transfer target for spurs so he must have something were not seeing enough off.

As for people saying they would martin on the bench, my God no idea why anyone would think he's good for the bench he makes Rhodes look as fast as Usain bolt, what a waste of time he is and WGS is wasting a spot in the squad with this cart horse

Matt Ritchie is a summer transfer target for spurs so he must have something were not seeing enough off. As for people saying they would martin on the bench, my God no idea why anyone would think he's good for the bench he makes Rhodes look as fast as Usain bolt, what a waste of time he is and WGS is wasting a spot in the squad with this cart horse

Martin is quicker than Ritchie.   Both are obviously not good enough. 

Snodgrass will play as the second forward, I would imagine, with Anya and Ritchie stick ons for the wide midfield spots.

Snodgrass has linked excellently with Fletcher from this position.   His tracking back against Czechs was impressive, but Snodgrass is also very slow.  

I like him in the number 10 slot, but I also like Maloney, Morrison, and Dorrans in the same role. 

Matt Ritchie is a summer transfer target for spurs so he must have something were not seeing enough off.As for people saying they would martin on the bench, my God no idea why anyone would think he's good for the bench he makes Rhodes look as fast as Usain bolt, what a waste of time he is and WGS is wasting a spot in the squad with this cart horse

He might fit in at spurs as walker is lightning quick and can overlap if Ritchie plays on the right. Even then though can't see how he will be good enough for a champions league team. Martin is a good penalty box striker but I could have counted on one hand how many crosses Scotland put in box last night so our style of play doesn't suit any striker other than the mobile, chase lost causes type or a target man.

Matt Ritchie proves every time he plays how important he is for Scotland.  Not having him in the team should mean being sectioned IMO.

Premier League clubs who are sitting in the Champions League places right now vying for his signature is another indication.

Archived