Thursday 31st.March

Their is a big market out there for walk ups. Neutrals and old faces saying why not at last min to plenty of grounds than broadwood Paul. Many of our my lot wont be back at broadwood but have been seen at Hampden.Hamilton and Firhill over past seasons.. That aint an opinion. Its a fact. Club will do what they feels gives best business model. Not sure how

my view of the walk up debate is clouded by the fact I don't go to any football nowadays if it ain't Clyde and very few of the guys I know do either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their is a big market out there for walk ups. Neutrals and old faces saying why not at last min to plenty of grounds than broadwood P..

Many of our my lot wont be back at broadwood but have been seen at Hampden.Hamilton and Firhill over past seasons.. That aint an opinion. Its a fact. - Why is that ??!..

Club will do what they feels gives best business model. Not sure how more i can handle walking down to ground when a sat 3pm could be easily be mistaken for a sunday morning...

Total lack of matchday experiance and fun & thats coming from a regular..Try asking an away fan or a neutral,He.ll tell you worse

Queen's Park aren't exactly having their attendances boosted by neutrals and last minute walk ups, despite being located in Glasgow.

It's time to stick to a plan and see something long term fixed and agreed, whether that's broadwood or somewhere else.

The constant state of flux over the clubs future is probably not encouraging a lot of people to come back or new fans to come along. Whatever the decision, some people will not be happy, but a concrete direction is now required.

Read my post W.

Clyde at home - Shite

Clyde at Hampden - Shite

If we want to win league we NEED a smaller ground to create an atmopshere like shire away. Old douglas park. Etc....

Weve won one league at broadwood in 20yr. Says it all

to fair it's finances we need first and a good business model look what Hamilton have achieved with not very good crowds

don't know if Broadwood gives us that only the board will know just now

We were told not that long ago that being at Broadwood costs us an almost six figure sum before we have kicked a ball, so unless this is changed then I would be very suprised that we would be staying.

let's not go down the road of what we have been told

ek promised land , a stadium will be built

want anymore ?

Read my post W.

Clyde at home - Shite

Clyde at Hampden - Shite

If we want to win league we NEED a smaller ground to create an atmopshere like shire away. Old douglas park. Etc....

Weve won one league at broadwood in 20yr. Says it all

I'm not sure how many leagues you expect us to be winning or what size of crowds you expect us to be pulling in but I am certain moving grounds to share with a junior club will not lead to a trophy fest or vastly improved attendances.

At the end of the day playing out of broadwood has seen us promoted to the 2nd tier, competing there in the top half for around a decade and knocking Celtic out of the cup in one of the best days in the clubs history.

So we don't pay rent, training costs and stewarding amongst other things at Broadwood then?

did I miss the stadium at East Kilbride being built ?

or maybe as predicted the club died and I have been hallucinating on a Saturday for the past couple of years :)

I'm not sure how many leagues you expect us to be winning or what size of crowds you expect us to be pulling in but I am certain moving grounds to share with a junior club will not lead to a trophy fest or vastly improved attendances.

At the end of the day playing out of broadwood has seen us promoted to the 2nd tier, competing there in the top half for around a decade and knocking Celtic out of the cup in one of the best days in the clubs history.

I dont expect us to playing in third in front of 500 ....

I dont expect us to playing in third in front of 500 ....

Agreed, but getting promoted (which will hopefully happen this year) and committing our future to the current community, dropping all talk of jumping ship, will surely help boost things.

Our average attendances were often only around 1000-1200 in the division 1 days so 500 isn't that bad considering the miserable decline over the last 5 years. Hopefully we can add a couple of hundred onto that on a regular basis with a continued upturn in performance and work in the community to raise the clubs profile again.

I'd only expect attendances to increase if we were top-half in L1 right from the off. We can hardly rely on any three-figure travelling crowds outwith Ayr or Airdrie (maybe Alloa), although being hopefully a jump of the Championship might aid us in getting players in. Duffy always pissed and moaned about not getting Sean Winter, or Craig Malcolm, or Jamie Longworth.....i bet these guys would jump at the chance to work with Barry if he can get us up.

Division 1 and 2 players will move for money or if they see a good opportunity for promotion. Ferguson has done nothing yet and even with a promotion would be a very long shot for a step up to the Championship. 95% of Football fans will remember Ferguson's behaviour at the end of his Scotland career as an indication of his mentality. Can't see any reason why quality players would want to sign for him based on his record or personal appeal.

Bloody stupid I may be but if I was either a promising youngster or an experienced player getting a regular game in the 1st Division I don't think the financial opportunity or career prospects at a newly promoted Clyde would be a huge incentive.

Now if these two attractions fail would I be lured by a manager who is a graduate of the old firm school of bigotry and has clearly demonstrated his mentality - just let me think about that for a minute.

Bloody stupid I may be but if I was either a promising youngster or an experienced player getting a regular game in the 1st Division I don't think the financial opportunity or career prospects at a newly promoted Clyde would be a huge incentive.

Now if these two attractions fail would I be lured by a manager who is a graduate of the old firm school of bigotry and has clearly demonstrated his mentality - just let me think about that for a minute.

oh dear seemed to have touched a nerve because he is an ex rangers player

another closet :)

oh dear seemed to have touched a nerve because he is an ex rangers player

another closet :)

I did say old firm. Their encouragement of religious hatred has been a blot on the Scottish landscape for a long time. I am probably wrong but is there not an element amongst the Clyde support who would like them to be a mini Rangers ?

This is probably the worst argument I've read on here for months. Are you actually claiming that footballers from the west of Scotland aren't attracted to play for a team by an ex-Rangers and Scotland captain :lol: ? That's ignoring the fact he's attracted a positive reputation for his training, match preparation and professionalism.

Saying earlier that he's achieved nothing shows how much you know.

Archived