Thursday 31st.March

I did say old firm. Their encouragement of religious hatred has been a blot on the Scottish landscape for a long time. I am probably wrong but is there not an element amongst the Clyde support who would like them to be a mini Rangers ?

it's funny because it only seems you ,Annan and Queens Park fans that are so bothered out ex rangers players didn't see the same when mcinally at Peterhead was in the league or Hartley

think there might be a connection there

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignoring the stupidity and baiting that seems to surround every Clyde thread these days(some even being created to "annoy" Clyde fans) there's absolutely no doubt that the reason, most of our players are dropping down divisions, and significantly losing out on wages is because of BF. The guy - at this level - is box office like him or not, but also a hugely successful businessman. His vision and pitch is what gets these players to sign, butr as many have pointed out - some may already hold him in a state of god like worship anyway.

IN my opinion, the financial restraints on the club, would have meant if Duffy had stayed, we would have been lowland league by now. THATS what BF has achieved!

Ignoring the stupidity and baiting that seems to surround every Clyde thread these days(some even being created to "annoy" Clyde fans) there's absolutely no doubt that the reason, most of our players are dropping down divisions, and significantly losing out on wages is because of BF. The guy - at this level - is box office like him or not, but also a hugely successful businessman. His vision and pitch is what gets these players to sign, butr as many have pointed out - some may already hold him in a state of god like worship anyway.

IN my opinion, the financial restraints on the club, would have meant if Duffy had stayed, we would have been lowland league by now. THATS what BF has achieved!

Great post...

Well that's me put in my place by a rare display of Clyde fan unity.

p.s. You choose the name Alimentary and your recent posts depend heavily on references to body parts and bodily functions. Probably all coincidental.

Yet seven teams (SEVEN!) have clinched titles in front of our very eyes, including three in of the last five seasons. It's just a byproduct of all seater stadia, and the fact that 500 in 8,000 stadium looks and feels shite until the game starts and we make some bloody noise.

Love Broadwood.

post-40809-0-10568700-1459504439_thumb.j

excellent post  :thumsup2

also has good buisness connections as will be seen next season ;)  

it's funny because it only seems you ,Annan and Queens Park fans that are so bothered out ex rangers players didn't see the same when mcinally at Peterhead was in the league or Hartley

think there might be a connection there

Well I’ve never had a problem with Ferguson. Liked him as a Scotland player every since I saw him boss the midfield at Wembley in 99 and I blame Burley for the majority of “Vickygate†( his whole reign was a shambles) However I’ve always thought McInally is a fuckin tosser.

Not sure what the connection is there

I did say old firm. Their encouragement of religious hatred has been a blot on the Scottish landscape for a long time. I am probably wrong but is there not an element amongst the Clyde support who would like them to be a mini Rangers ?

There's an element(ary) amongst the Clyde support who think they are a mini Rangers.

No-one likes us, we don't care.

It would be great to see Clyde FC in the heart of the East End SHETTO and sharing with the Juniors but, like you, I know what would need to be done at Greenfield and I'm afraid the costs are simply prohibitive. Let's just hope for Daily Record headline on Thursday morning is "Shetto man scoops £35million Rollover!! 🎉

Fair points although I'm sure we can all remember Clyde fans saying the players we had were no better than the rest of the league and were playing in this division because that was their level during recent weeks. Either these guys are bog standard league two players or they are better quality players being managed into a team that takes 1 point from three home games from the shire, arbroath and montrose. I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here but can't have it both ways

Archived