Hibs v Livi

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Boyle totally changed the game, even before he smashed in an absolute golazo. Which isn't a surprise to any of us of that have been bemoaning our lack of width for fucking ages. That shit run coincided with everyone sussing us out tactically. Will be properly rage enducing if we go straight back to playing no natural wide players and watching Stevenson and Gray pop in shite crosses all day. Criminal that we don't have the personnel to balance the team up but we've got to go with at least one direct winger for the next few games.

Fair play to Stokes. Great bit of quality to get us going and worked his tits off.

It is of no coincidence that we improved immensely when Boyle came on as we had someone to get down the lines & in behind the full back.

I've been a huge critic of Stokes but I thought second half he was excellent, worked his arse off to get us back in the game.

Cummings needs to give himself a shake though, to do as well as he did down the left and then try to score despite Stokes & Keatings standing on the penalty spot waiting is utterly criminal.

Both sides' first goals looked great, but you would've expected your players to block both.

That Boyle goal though...

That's the kind of goal you make sure the family won't be home for.
The kind of goal you lock the doors of your house and use someone else's IP address for.

Here's a link: (warning NSFW)

I've had four cold showers, spoke to psychologists, psychiatrists and even called a priest.
They say there's nothing they can do for me. I think it's because my life has been completed.

Boyle just completed life; my life, his life... Our lives. All lives. Martin Boyle's strike is life itself.

Edited to change link - better quality.

Played decent tonight too. Shame we play well when we're not expected to win and play shite in games like Alloa. Nout you can do about Boyles goal though, fucking peach.

That's probably quite typical of teams who aren't very good. Alloa's worst performance this year was against Livingston, after a few decent showings against much better teams.

What a difference one sub makes, scores the goal of the season and with his pace and the heads lifted after Stokes' goal, it was a reminder of how these players can play when they move with urgency. 

Prior to that it looked like more of the same that we've seen recently but a bit worse, however that's a couple of excellent comebacks in the space of 4 days and has hopefully turned things round a bit at the right time of the season.

What a difference one sub makes, scores the goal of the season and with his pace and the heads lifted after Stokes' goal, it was a reminder of how these players can play when they move with urgency.

Prior to that it looked like more of the same that we've seen recently but a bit worse, however that's a couple of excellent comebacks in the space of 4 days and has hopefully turned things round a bit at the right time of the season.

We've become far too predictable, everything through the middle with hardy any tempo. It's so frustrating because we clearly have the players to really hurt teams.

We need width and to play at a higher tempo.

All the play through the middle has placed too much emphasis on undoubtedly quality players like McGinn and Henderson and they're starting to look a bit lethargic which isn't like them.

Stubbs looks like he's relied too much on Gray and Stevenson as the wide players and I've been saying since November that while it's nice to see them go down the wing their crosses tend to either bounce of the first defender or end up in no mans land at the far end of the 18 yard box.  A couple of wider players should have been brought in in January to cover that.

The collapse of the defence has been baffling and the boys that were saying that they couldn't believe it was down to Hanlon being out are starting to look correct.

I'm still confident that they'll get up through the play offs regardless of whether they finish 2nd or 3rd and whoever ends up in there from the Premiership.

We've become far too predictable, everything through the middle with hardy any tempo. It's so frustrating because we clearly have the players to really hurt teams.

We need width and to play at a higher tempo.

I'm not sure Stubbs like Warburton will change his system with only a handful of matches left. Maybe with Boyle's goal it may give him a thought of starting him wide. Apart from his terrific goal did he make an impact in the match?

I'm not sure Stubbs like Warburton will change his system with only a handful of matches left. Maybe with Boyle's goal it may give him a thought of starting him wide. Apart from his terrific goal did he make an impact in the match?

Completely changed it.

Completely changed it.

He got MOTM.

As a sub and got motd! I said before after a string of poor results imo you have to change 'things' to break the run and give a fresh start. The Alloa match is surely an opportunity. It's amazing how this goal and Boyle's performance could give the team a huge confidence boost. Without showing his hand in the next matches he must get it right for the Falkirk match.

All the play through the middle has placed too much emphasis on undoubtedly quality players like McGinn and Henderson and they're starting to look a bit lethargic which isn't like them.

Stubbs looks like he's relied too much on Gray and Stevenson as the wide players and I've been saying since November that while it's nice to see them go down the wing their crosses tend to either bounce of the first defender or end up in no mans land at the far end of the 18 yard box.  A couple of wider players should have been brought in in January to cover that.

The collapse of the defence has been baffling and the boys that were saying that they couldn't believe it was down to Hanlon being out are starting to look correct.

I'm still confident that they'll get up through the play offs regardless of whether they finish 2nd or 3rd and whoever ends up in there from the Premiership.

What are you basing that confidence on, beating Livi?

Archived