Games off

I'm new to Junior football and the past two weeks games have been cancelled due to the weather /pitches. I also see that a lot of the clubs have a lot of games still to squeeze in in the remaining weeks .

My question is do all these games get played as it may affect promotion or relegation by just playing two or three per week to fit into the calendar ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new to Junior football and the past two weeks games have been cancelled due to the weather /pitches. I also see that a lot of the clubs have a lot of games still to squeeze in in the remaining weeks .

My question is do all these games get played as it may affect promotion or relegation by just playing two or three per week to fit into the calendar ?

It will get very silly over the next month or so for some clubs.

Just as an example, Meadow from 2010-11:

Played games on:

2/4

9/4

13/4

16/4

23/4

25/4

27/4

30/4

2/5

4/5

7/5

14/5

21/5

28/5

2/6

11/6

It will get very silly over the next month or so for some clubs.

Just as an example, Meadow from 2010-11:

Played games on:

2/4

9/4

13/4

16/4

23/4

25/4

27/4

30/4

2/5

4/5

7/5

14/5

21/5

28/5

2/6

11/6

Did they have the players on triple time?

Bankies 2008-09

April

4th 11th 18th 25th 27th 30th

May

2nd 4th 11th 13th 16th 18th 20th 23rd 31st

June

2nd 6th 8th

But go and visit our old website which is now becoming a repository for stats for old junior days as well as senior years and our current Juniors incarnation. Stuart the webmeister is doing a great job

www.clydebankfc.co.uk and have a look about. Fixtures/Results link on left hand side and then choose your season. He's got from 1948-49 to 1952-53 ( a work in progress ) and then all current games

Don't think either Medda's or Bankies' run of games (impressive as they were) beats the 22.5 Shotts had to play in the 54 days between 21/4 and 13/6 in 2012, including matches on 14/5 and 15/5 (both won incidentally). We won 15 and drew two of them as well. BA fans will never see the likes of that again, which is a shame (for us, if no one else).

Why don't the juniors just play the season through the summer as they play mostly on grass and the pitches would be better

Use the search facility - you'll find hundreds of threads on it.

I know I read the threads

So if everyone thinks it a no brainer who is stopping it ?

If you've read the threads you'll see its not a no brainer but this isn't the thread for another tedious runaround of this topic.

Hurlford vs Pollok is off

Presumably,

Johnstone vs Rossvale

is off too, as Lok have arranged a friendly vs Rossvale at Newlandsfield, k.o. midday

Edit: Apparently the friendly is still provisional ......

Archived