Scouts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends you attitude if you work hard at your game and show it in your football then it's possible however I've seen it before young guys coming into junior football don't always work at there game and as a consequence can't get into junior teams and next that you know they have given up football

As a young player leaving a senior club and still in my teens what would my chances be of getting seen by senior scouts playing junior football now . ?

Very good, but you need to be playing in the Super Prem, east or west.

east fife picked up two lads from kennoway star in the last couple of seasons George field and just recently brodie gray. so if you apply yourself and work hard there is no reason why you cant get another crack at the seniors.

Don't have to be playing super anything. Guys have been picked up playing in the central second decision. Depends if you are a good player or not lol wouldn't focus on trying to get a scout to look at you. Would concentrate on playing well. The rest will follow

As a young player leaving a senior club and still in my teens what would my chances be of getting seen by senior scouts playing junior football now . ?

Depending what level of senior you are playing, the top of junior football is a higher standard.

That's an interesting one for debate ?

Anyone else think this ?

The vast majority of senior clubs are better than junior.

On a one off game yes junior clubs can take on and beat senior teams but for me senior football is far more polished than junior.

Lowland league clubs have beaten the biggest and best junior club in scotland more than once in the senior scottish cup and that level is like junior and a level below the senior grade .

Don't listen to Jack he tends to talk out his hole.

The vast majority of senior clubs are better than junior.

On a one off game yes junior clubs can take on and beat senior teams but for me senior football is far more polished than junior.

Lowland league clubs have beaten the biggest and best junior club in scotland more than once in the senior scottish cup and that level is like junior and a level below the senior grade .

Don't listen to Jack he tends to talk out his hole.

In one off games anyone can beat anyone. But the standard of football, size of some of the clubs, size of the support and the natural ability of the top junior teams is greater than the majority of clubs in league 2 and some in league 1.

Still feel the need to be childish around my posts, I've made a valid point. You might not agree with it but be nice 😂

Depending what level of senior you are playing, the top of junior football is a higher standard.

You should always strive to play at a higher level and senior is a higher no matter what some junior clubs supporters may state. I think the terminology says it all junior/senior

In one off games anyone can beat anyone. But the standard of football, size of some of the clubs, size of the support and the natural ability of the top junior teams is greater than the majority of clubs in league 2 and some in league 1.

Still feel the need to be childish around my posts, I've made a valid point. You might not agree with it but be nice

Afaik* only Pollok's support really compares with any of them week in week out, beating 7 or 8 I think, but bear in mind the admission costs are considerably less in the Juniors. The lowest average in L1 is 488 (Stenhousemuir) while even the much derided Shire have an average of 332 this year in L2.

As we never really play each other regularly it's hard to comment on overall standard either way. A ST holder at Queen's Park will not see us enough and the same for a Lok fan looking at them. Only a true neutral who goes to a mix of Junior / Senior games could really say and there's not too many of them.

There are decent teams in the top flight of both major junior leagues who do not regularly see three figure gates.

*if anyone has reliable numbers for other clubs averaging 330+ for league games, please state.

Archived