Scouts

a lot of youngsters with your experience tend to have good ability but limited game sense. That only comes from playing. So sign on with a club as an amateur, find a manger you trust and get playing. The division is irrelevant. If you've got it they will find you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This proves it happens and just look at his career path. I think he is a fantastic player but at his time with us in the Juniors he struggled then got a magical breakthrough this season. 17 goals and all the teams are cueing up to sign him. Its determination and a little bit of luck, being in the right place at the right time that matters. Wonder what happened to me....

http://montrosefc.co.uk/index.php/33-featured/557-new-signing-gary-fraser

Surely the amount of signing on fees you've had you could retire tomorrow :thumsup2

hahaha never had a penny in a long time out the juniors lol well since my millions off tam at Dunipace haha

Quite negative people saying he'll not make a career in football, nobody knows the kid for starters...

not negative points put to him I would say more factual points. I've seen more and more boys become delusional. First you need to be honest with yourself and be straight ask yourself the question are you as good as you think you are. Yes boys work their balls off and get the rewards but too many now think they are better than they are and believe the game owes THEM. When in reality only small percentage will make it so the advice given by other posters is bang on

To many youngsters come into the juniors looking for big money right away, getting a team that will give them a regular game and help their progression in football should be their motivation, not how much cash they'll get

Spot on - getting game time is a must. There are plenty of junior outfits are not afraid to play youngsters in their first team - maybe they should be the first port of call for a motivated young player looking to progress.

Archived