2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Somebody really should tell Rangers that there's a practical joker out there issuing fake press statements designed to make them look like a bunch of whining cry-babies. They include stuff like commending their own fans for showing restraint under extreme provocation. The latest one is a belter - it complains that Hibs haven't been in touch to enquire after the welfare of the Rangers players who were supposedly beaten up, and also has a go at Nicola Sturgeon for not condemning all Hibs fans as mindless knuckle-dragging thugs. The statements are extremely funny, but the problem is that even though they're so far over the top that they're halfway down the other side, some gullible people (like the Daily Record) are believing they're genuine. If Rangers are to retain any dignity at all they need to immediately disown these statements for what they are - somebody having a laugh.

WTF were the police up to?  They only had to worry about two scenarios:-

1. Rangers win - Keep the Rangers fans off the pitch and away from the Hibs fans.

2. Hibs win - Keep the Hibs fans off the pitch and away from the Rangers fans.

I can only imagine that they hadn't planned for scenario 2 as it seemed so unlikely. 

1. Rangers win - Keep the Rangers fans off the pitch and away from the Hibs fans.

I can only imagine that they hadn't planned for scenario 2 as it seemed so unlikely. 

I think they were expecting extra time. Normally in the last few minutes there are hundreds of police and stewards around the front of the stands. There were very few on Saturday.

Was half heartedly wanting a win for sevconia on Saturday. GF wanted to see the parade yesterday so I took her along. Fair play Hibbees. The scenes yesterday were magic, you would never have got that in Govan so I'm kind of glad now sevco didn't win it. Particularly as it's been enjoyable to see their meltdown since.

Any evidence yet of Rangers players being assaulted? I've seen the keeper get pushed and, erm, that's it. Not condoning any fighting on the pitch which was stupid but that Rangers are trying to paint themselves as the victims here and their fans are angels is absolutely laughable.

I think they were expecting extra time. Normally in the last few minutes there are hundreds of police and stewards around the front of the stands. There were very few on Saturday.

Strathclyde's finest to charge David Gray with inciting a riot.  

None of them will.

Darren McGregor on the bus getting the 'he's one of our own' chant, and he just stood there with a smile on his face and his arms aloft.

What a fucking day. What a weekend.

Especially sweet given his cruciate injury the second time was against Hibs when your keeper at the time accidentally landed on his knee. He missed the league cup final win as a result of it too.

He'd have never imagined at that point that his career would have come full circle.

Always liked the guy at Saints and I'm genuinely pleased for him.

Think they had time to make an adjustment after Hibs scored and for whatever reason chose not to. Suspect the Rangers support were seen as the main problem and Hibs were viewed as being harmless. The second Rangers statement was over the top, but they are right that there is a need for an investigation to establish why the police and stewards were not prepared for what happened. 

The papers, media, Sevco, their mutant fans can try all they want but they'll never take the feeling away from us when Sir David Gray won us the cup

Nobody is trying to take the feeling away , yous deserved it on the day and clearly wanted the cup more . Our players beat celtic and thought the season was over after that and it showed on Saturday , still don't even know how we managed to get in a winning position on Saturday but even then I had the feeling we were never holding onto it

Overall hibs deserved something from this season as you were a decent team , for me promotion was the main priority and I wouldn't swap it for a scottish cup victory , not saying I wasn't gutted on Saturday because believe me I was I was . However give hibs fans an option between promotion and the scottish cup at the start of the season and I would wager the majority would have chose the scottish cup , there is a different emotional value there for you to that

How was it unlikely ? Hibs had already beaten us twice prior this season

Think they had time to make an adjustment after Hibs scored and for whatever reason chose not to. Suspect the Rangers support were seen as the main problem and Hibs were viewed as being harmless. The second Rangers statement was over the top, but they are right that there is a need for an investigation to establish why the police and stewards were not prepared for what happened. 

Absolutely but that has already been announced by the SFA and Police has it not?