2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

I've been bizarrely unstressed this week. As mentioned, I think Hibs have demolished some deep emotional function within me.

For some reason, reading that news about McGeouch gave me the first wee pang of that pit of your stomach nervous feeling. I can't deal with anything that gives me optimism or expectation this week.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

I've been bizarrely unstressed this week. As mentioned, I think Hibs have demolished some deep emotional function within me.

For some reason, reading that news about McGeouch gave me the first wee pang of that pit of your stomach nervous feeling. I can't deal with anything that gives me optimism or expectation this week.

I've been the same. Trying to not expect anything and being pretty relaxed.

It's kicking in now though as I had a wee think about what to get for Cup Final breakfast.

What's everyone wearing on Saturday?

Probably jeans and a jumper. Maybe a t-shirt if it's warm.

If I pop outside, a jacket of some description might be in order.

I'll be honest - it's not something I've given a great deal of thought to. I'll strive to match my clothing to the prevailing weather conditions though.

I'll keep you posted on how my decisions unfold during the day.

I've seen it mate that's how I found out :lol:

"A canny see the players cumin oan the park"

"Am no Huddin a bit eh paper up"

:lol:

It's the one that said 'it ruins the enjoyment of the game for people'. 30 seconds at the start when they come out the tunnel :lol:

Dylan fit for the final. Massive, massive boost for us.

He makes us tick.

Hopefully Bartley still plays too.

Hibs are winning this, Sevco not played in ages and not been at it for even longer. Hibs with one last chance to salvage something and fresh off the blocks from competitive football.

3-1 Hibs.

Cummings and Stokes both to score.

So many decisions to be made for Stubbs; go 3 at the back and sacrifice a midfielder. Picking 3 midfielders out of McGinn, Henderson, Fyvie, McGeouch and Bartley will be difficult. I'd say IF McGeouch is fully fit then he should be first name on the team sheet. Bartley had Halliday in his back pocket in the 3-2 game last month so he'd be in. Then it's a straight choice between McGinn and Henderson. Stubbs won't drop McGinn so it'll be him which is quite harsh on Henderson; all this assuming Stubbs goes 3 at the back.

If its 3 at the back I'd go: Logan, Gray, Gunnarsson, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGinn, McGeouch, Bartley, Cummings, stokes.

If we go 4 at the back then the team is much easier to pick. I'd go: Logan, Gray (I'd personally pick Gunnarsson but it's clear Stubbs won't), McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGeouch, McGinn, Bartley, Henderson, stokes, Cummings.

Can't say I fully trust Stubbs to pick the correct team, but we are a very good side and have proven it this season before. We also have big game players. I'm trying my hardest not to get my hopes up but I'm really starting to believe that we will do it now

I very much doubt any Rangers fans would've complained or kicked up a fuss.

No one likes them, they don't care.

You'd have to be pretty uptight not to take that as a harmless wind up! No need for the bookie to apologise for it as 'inappropriate' at all.

I'm still not nervous. I know Hibs by now. I expect nothing. We'll need a little bit of luck as Rangers will create chances, just got to hope whenever we get one we score. Been missing several chances a game all season and its cost us big time. Cummings to start as he loves a goal against them. Bring Stokes on at some point.

3-5-2

Logan

Gunnarsson

McGregor

Hanlon

Gray

McGinn

McGeough

Fyvie

Stevenson

Keatings

Cummings

I was in there before the final last year. Bit of a dive but plenty of room.

I assume Rangers have the 'traditional Rangers' end?

I've no idea how this will go and I'm hoping for a good game and it'd be amazing if Hibs can break the 'hoodoo'.

I'd have gone to this but I assume it was sold out ages ago?

I hope everybody enjoys their day.

#GGTTH ;)

Good man thanks for that. We have the East side of the ground, not sure what traditional end it is but I'm sure I'm in the same section i was when we won the cup in 2007 ðŸ‘

You'd have to be pretty uptight not to take that as a harmless wind up! No need for the bookie to apologise for it as 'inappropriate' at all.

Tell that to all the c***s that have moaned to get other people sacked like that woman in the herald.

Let's do this Hibernian. Let's win this fucking cup for a change.

Edited by bambino7

I'm getting nervous now.  Whilst we've handed Hibs a couple of pumpings, they've shown that they're capable of reciprocating.  Cummings always fucking scores against us, so I'm pretty much expecting him to do it again tomorrow.

Ball will be a big miss for us in midfield sitting in front of the defenders and Warburton has a big decision to make in starting with Waghorn or not.

I think there will be a few goals anyway.

Let's be honest, no one wants to be the team that Hibs finally beat in the Final. 

I'm getting nervous now. Whilst we've handed Hibs a couple of pumpings, they've shown that they're capable of reciprocating. Cummings always fucking scores against us, so I'm pretty much expecting him to do it again tomorrow.

Ball will be a big miss for us in midfield sitting in front of the defenders and Warburton has a big decision to make in starting with Waghorn or not.

Let's be honest, no one wants to be the team that Hibs finally beat in the Final.

Not going to happen. Not this year anyway.

I'm getting nervous now.  Whilst we've handed Hibs a couple of pumpings, they've shown that they're capable of reciprocating.  Cummings always fucking scores against us, so I'm pretty much expecting him to do it again tomorrow.

1 pumping - B&Q cup.  Every other match has been tight till the end.