Project Management

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, you know you're bored when you start perusing the Project Management thread. 

and now, of course, it'll keep appearing in your Content feed because you've contributed to it too!!  (I am completely regretting adding in a comment or two on the BRALT)

Never heard of the content feed. Where would I find it? I've only recently discovered how to jump to the latest unseen comment in a thread, so it might be a bit beyond me. Definitely not cut out to be a project manager - even Gantt charts are a dark art to me. 

Never heard of the content feed. Where would I find it? I've only recently discovered how to jump to the latest unseen comment in a thread, so it might be a bit beyond me. Definitely not cut out to be a project manager - even Gantt charts are a dark art to me. 

Depends how you are viewing P&B - on my laptop if I click on "my profile" tag (with the little down arrow next to it) in the top left and choose the "my content" option - you'll see all the individual threads you've contributed to.

On my ipad if I choose the menu on the top left (the 3 lines) and then choose "@ participated" you get the same view.

I used to play football in my old work, most of the guys were either techies or project managers.

We played a challenge game against the application development department (big tie, many grudges) and one of the PMs wrote out a formation on a flip chart and carried it onto the pitch pre-match to run through with us.  He was probably 40% joking.

You've been a member for nearly 11 years, have you been sifting through threads until you find the last post that you thought you'd read all that time (until recently)?

...this would be a good point for me to humiliate myself by admitting that I read threads backwards until I get to the stuff I've read before. We really could use some kind of blushing smiley for times like this.

How does one jump to the latest unseen comment?

I discovered that ​ages ago. 8)

Depends how you are viewing P&B - on my laptop if I click on "my profile" tag (with the little down arrow next to it) in the top left and choose the "my content" option - you'll see all the individual threads you've contributed to.

On my ipad if I choose the menu on the top left (the 3 lines) and then choose "@ participated" you get the same view.

I also discovered this ages ago!

...this would be a good point for me to humiliate myself by admitting that I read threads backwards until I get to the stuff I've read before. We really could use some kind of blushing smiley for times like this.

Click on the wee black dot to the left of the thread title.

Gotcha. I've not half participated in pish threads over the years!

You've been a member for nearly 11 years, have you been sifting through threads until you find the last post that you thought you'd read all that time (until recently)?

In the forum, click the wee speech bubble to the left of the thread name.

Before this epiphany, I relied on a combination of trying to remember the number of the page I last read, and BFTD's "method". It also helps that I'm a bit like Mozzamozza and never away from this forum (Hi Mozza if you're reading this). 

Before this epiphany, I relied on a combination of trying to remember the number of the page I last read, and BFTD's "method". It also helps that I'm a bit like Mozzamozza and never away from this forum (Hi Mozza if you're reading this). 

That is craziness.  I suppose congratulations are in order, I've no idea how someone can have the patience to do that, especially on a forum where 20-odd pages can appear overnight.

That is craziness.  I suppose congratulations are in order, I've no idea how someone can have the patience to do that, especially on a forum where 20-odd pages can appear overnight.

Bit of a backhanded compliment :) .. like congratulating who's recently graduated to wiping their arse sitting down! 

Another method used to be to go back to a recent page I know I'd read, then skimming through it until I reached the new content. A bit like going over the minutes of a previous meeting, which seems quite fitting for this thread. 

Click on the wee black dot to the left of the thread title.

In the forum, click the wee speech bubble to the left of the thread name.

Supernatural-gif-mouth-open.gif

I try to limit myself to short, quality threads such as this one.

(not the BRALT, in other words)

I used to play football in my old work, most of the guys were either techies or project managers.

We played a challenge game against the application development department (big tie, many grudges) and one of the PMs wrote out a formation on a flip chart and carried it onto the pitch pre-match to run through with us. He was probably 40% joking.

Off topic, but in the uni 6's league this year, I played against a team who went mental at the end of the game. They got into a huddle and spent a good 30 seconds/minute jumping up and down, before asking someone from another team to take a team photo of them. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Archived