Falkirk v Morton

Guest Back Post Misses

It's imperative the fans stay with the players on Sunday, especially if there is to be twists and turns. Last thing we want is anxiety get into our play from usual suspects in both stands

It's in our hands and I'm confident we will do it. COYB

^^

This

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this hyperventilating over the opportunity to skip a play-off round is utterly tragic. It demonstrates very little confidence in either side's ability to win through a far from daunting challenge.

I'd edge towards a shitfest, low-scoring draw were all things equal, but it depends on how the different motivations for both sides play out on the day.

Yeah you just have to look at the long list of 3rd and 4th placed playoff teams that have won promotion. Here wait a minute there aren't any. Beating raith isnt the major worry although that will be a very difficult fixture its the fact that your going to have to play 6 tough games in 3 weeks to get up thats the problem.

The importance of finishing 2nd is all about the workload on the players. With the injuries we have right now we don't have a lot of depth.

I think our supporters are pretty confident about getting by Raith Rovers. The worry is the physical effect that will have on the players for the more difficult games vs Hibs. Say we did get through to the final, the legs would be totally gone for the final games vs Kilmarnock. Chance of promotion = nil imo.

Alternatively, I think finishing 2nd and giving the players some rest, whilst Hibs have to play another two games in what has already been a packed schedule for them the last few weeks, would give us an advantage in the semi final.

There are other things as well, prize money, pride, and of course not having to play Raith Rovers/a bye straight to the semi final.

The importance of finishing 2nd is all about the workload on the players. With the injuries we have right now we don't have a lot of depth.

I think our supporters are pretty confident about getting by Raith Rovers. The worry is the physical effect that will have on the players for the more difficult games vs Hibs. Say we did get through to the final, the legs would be totally gone for the final games vs Kilmarnock. Chance of promotion = nil imo.

Alternatively, I think finishing 2nd and giving the players some rest, whilst Hibs have to play another two games in what has already been a packed schedule for them the last few weeks, would give us an advantage in the semi final.

There are other things as well, prize money, pride, and of course not having to play Raith Rovers/a bye straight to the semi final.

I'm nowhere near confident of getting past Raith Rovers. They're by far the form team in the league, McKinnon has them well organised, and they're very tough to beat.

I'm more worried about the prospect of playing Raith than Kilmarnock.

Agree with BPM, if we had Grant and Mcgrandles available then there would be no such hyperventilating, more so because I don't think we would be in this position of relying on a big result from our last league game. This coupled with missing one or two out of Vaulks, Muirhead and Watson over the past/next fixture makes for a nervous time of it lately where coming away from Starks Park with a draw is seen as an achievement.

I'm nowhere near confident of getting past Raith Rovers. They're by far the form team in the league, McKinnon has them well organised, and they're very tough to beat.

I'm more worried about the prospect of playing Raith than Kilmarnock.

I reckon we'd beat Raith. A draw at their place and a narrow win at TFS should be achievable. I'm not confident we'll beat killie though especially after 2 or maybe 4 quickfire games. Saw Killie dismantle St Johnstone a couple of weeks back and their a big physical side who will give us a lot of problems at set pieces especially without the likes of Grant playing.  won't help that we'll be feeling the pace if we're lucky enough to get through to that stage.

For all the hype around Raith their last 4 goals past us have been in the incredibly spawny/our own mistake doing.

Throw in the shambles that was the Mark Stewart goal at Stark earlier this season and they seem to rely on us to help them score.

For all the hype around Raith their last 4 goals past us have been in the incredibly spawny/our own mistake doing.

Throw in the shambles that was the Mark Stewart goal at Stark earlier this season and they seem to rely on us to help them score.

and yet we still provide the goods

Guest Back Post Misses

f**k me your starting to sound like that fanny Peter Houston.

Setting aside the rights or wrongs of should he say what he said what he predicted happened. 

The Dumbarton manager in his interview said he thought his team had left all their energy on the pitch at the weekend. Exactly what Houston feared.

Are morton fans in the north stand or the main stand for this game? I see a large block of tickets gone in the very north section of the main stand and know we did this before. Or is it for schools etc again? Approx 4000 seats now gone from the south and main stands to date

Is it better I purchase tickets before Saturday or should I risk it and try and pay at the gate on Saturday?

Is it better I purchase tickets before Saturday or should I risk it and try and pay at the gate on Saturday?

Probably not worth your while trying to pay at the gate on Saturday.

All this hyperventilating over the opportunity to skip a play-off round is utterly tragic. It demonstrates very little confidence in either side's ability to win through a far from daunting challenge.

I'd edge towards a shitfest, low-scoring draw were all things equal, but it depends on how the different motivations for both sides play out on the day.

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEE

Archived