Partick Thistle vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst performance since we came up by a country mile. First half was a carbon copy of the game last week where we played some nice, yet unthreatening stuff for 15 minutes, before conceding and proceeding to not give a f**k. Words fail to describe just how bad we were in the second half.

Scully does absolutely nothing to inspire confidence in anyone and I have now reached the stage where I do not want to see him in a Thistle shirt again, because he is godawful. Lindsay's distribution for once looked decent first 15, then once we conceded was a total horrorshow. He needs to learn how to keep his head up when he/the team make a mistake/concede because its costing us more and more frequently. Welsh was Welsh. Nothing else to say about that. He must have downed tools due to his impending move to Barcelona. Amoo shat out of nearly anything or anyone that came near him, Lawless must still be recovering from his post-Old Firm piss up because he does not look interested in the slightest.

I'm assuming all those who are out of contract next season have already been signed up, either by us or elsewhere, because absolutely none of them were playing for a deal out there today. The fact that we've got the three teams below us remaining to play while we're so horrifically out of form worries me to no end. Gallacher and Frans in next week and Archie can take his pick for who else can be arsed going out for a kickabout.

the wee ICT fan ran on is a compete bell-end, whoever you are.

Highlight of the day, enjoy your bank holiday weekend in the cells.

Utter shambles, Welsh staying on the pitch was mind boggling, cant wait for more of his aimless floated corners to the back post.

We are going to Hibs this :(

Don't know what Yogi said at half time but it got the desired effect. Caley's 1st goal was against the run of play then had a spell towards the end of a 1st half where we should have been 1-2 goals ahead. 2nd half was all Caley and us making it easy for them.

Welsh belongs in the championship. Sick and tierd having to put into every post match thread the same inadequacies. Scully is shite, don't know why he's getting defended when he can't keep out tame shots. Lindsay still making dumb mistakes.. We're fucked next season

Don't know what Yogi said at half time but it got the desired effect. Caley's 1st goal was against the run of play then had a spell towards the end of a 1st half where we should have been 1-2 goals ahead. 2nd half was all Caley and us making it easy for them.

Welsh belongs in the championship. Sick and tierd having to put into every post match thread the same inadequacies. Scully is shite, don't know why he's getting defended when he can't keep out tame shots. Lindsay still making dumb mistakes.. We're fucked next season

Next season?

Maybe this one!

You're off your f*cking rocker. He spent the entire 90 minutes swanning around, crapping out of tackles and, when he did have the ball, surrendering it cheaply.

Captain? Shirker. And today's worst offender.

For the second week in a row.

It's no coincidence that one of the best defensive records in the league turns into one of the worst when you replace Cerny with Scully. The boy's frightened of the ball, is as good as beaten in one-on-ones, and chucked in the second goal that killed us off today. 'Kept the score down' :lol:

Partly for that reason, but mostly because the players are clearly (although not excusably) in end of season mode, I wouldn't read too much into today. I'm not concerned about relegation either, even our current 41 points would be an abnormally large total to finish bottom two with. Utterly dire stuff to watch though.

Only good thing from today was the round booing of Sean Welsh. GTF you wage thief.

Easily one of the worst performances I've witnessed in my 20 years of watching Thistle; and all the more daunting considering we're still not safe.

We're sleepwalking into oblivion on that evidence. Hopefully today is a wake up call.

Two main criticisms of Archie's management were evident today - his Sean Welsh shaped blindness in team selection and his tactical impotence from the bench.

Yogi adopted rope-a-dope tactics and we played right into it, overloading our attacks and getting caught on the break.

Welsh's defending is abysmal and has been the root of many of this season's poorer displays; his failure to pick up runs or do anything of any defensive value places greater pressure on the defence and forces Osman (who was equally as bad today) to cover more ground. Attacking wise, he rarely makes a forward pass with any kind of incision and he slows everything down to snails pace.

All that said, we don't really have a viable alternative in the squad with Fraser injured and Edwards not tactically aware enough to play there. The blame for that lies squarely with Archie for relying so heavily on a player who doesn't contribute anywhere near enough to start every game.

The only person I was tempted to give pass marks for effort to in the first half was Amoo.

Eh!? One of the biggest charlatans out there. The sooner he's punted, the better. Offers no defensive cover at all and gets caught ball watching every game. For someone who is allegedly very quick, he rarely gets himself in a position to use it.

I would say that it our worst performance since the 3-1 loss against County last year. ICT suffocated us with their pressing, and everyone bar Dumbuya, at stages, panicked whenever they got near the ball.

I feel sorry for Sean Welsh to an extent, and understand why Archie seems him as the best option there just now, but he needs dropped for his own good. He always wants to play at his own speed, which led to him getting the ball nicked off him repeatedly in the second half, as it did last week for Dundee's winner.

There also must surely be a better corner taker at the club. He takes an okay free kick on goal, but his corners are woeful. 

Just looked like a lot of guys had chucked it. Seaborne's performance reminded me of his display against County in said 3-1 game. Looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. And when Liam Lindsay is bad, he really is bad. 

I think all of us would happily end the season now, as would the players. Hopefully we can somehow pull it together a bit to at least clinch 9th. 

Only good thing from today was the round booing of Sean Welsh. GTF you wage thief.

Plenty of cheers when he seemed to be going off for Pogba, which turned to boo's when it was actually Edwards going off.

Fwiw I've heard that Archie admitted Welsh has been prone to f**k ups all season and that he was at fault for the goal last week. Would hope his time on the pitch next season is kept to a minimal, although terminating his contract would be even better.

Dumbuya and edwards for me at half time.

You're off yer rocker ;)

Where did the first goal from and Edwards was running around like dingo on heat.

You're off your f*cking rocker. He spent the entire 90 minutes swanning around, crapping out of tackles and, when he did have the ball, surrendering it cheaply.

Captain? Shirker. And today's worst offender.

He did a bit from where I saw. Welsh dragged him down imo.

You're off yer rocker ;)

Where did the first goal from and Edwards was running around like dingo on heat.

Dumbuya having to come inside with Seaborne posted missing?

They were the only 2 who were playing above pedestrian.

He did a bit from where I saw. Welsh dragged him down imo.

He actually jogs away from his man leaving him in acres of space to be found and in turn play the defence splitting pass for their second goal.

He shat out of tackles all day.

If he hasnt signed a pre contract elsewhere and is protecting himself for next season i'd be fuckin shocked.

He's chucked it

Archived