Cameron 'doesn't care' about Scotland

So David Laws trashes Cameron in a book on the Coalition after being thrashed in the general election. Laws was forced resign from the Government  for expenses fiddling. He then lost his seat which he assumed was safe. .

This book sounds like the usual Lib Dem lies and smears which is part of their DNA and the basis of their MO. Yet Fide takes Laws and Clegg's sad and bitter whining as gospel.  :rolleyes:

Takes tories denial as gospel

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So David Laws trashes Cameron in a book on the Coalition after being thrashed in the general election. Laws was forced resign from the Government for expenses fiddling. He then lost his seat which he assumed was safe. .

This book sounds like the usual Lib Dem lies and smears which is part of their DNA and the basis of their MO. Yet Fide takes Laws and Clegg's sad and bitter whining as gospel. :rolleyes:

Again, we have one Lib Dem saying that Cameron has an emotion bond with and deep love of Scotland. We have another saying he doesn't give a damn about the place. Which representative of a party of genetically-predisposed liars are you suggesting people should believe?

Again, we have one Lib Dem saying that Cameron has an emotion bond with and deep love of Scotland. We have another saying he doesn't give a damn about the place. Which representative of a party of genetically-predisposed liars are you suggesting people should believe?

Neither. Cameron does not have an emotion bond or deep love of Scotland but, as a Unionist, he probably does care. Cameron gave into Salmond's demand on the referendum - timing, wording and eligibility to vote. If he hated Scotland, he would dug his heels in. The Lib Dems lost all but one of their Scottish seats and seeking revenge. It's in their DNA.

Neither. Cameron does not have an emotion bond or deep love of Scotland but, as a Unionist, he probably does care. Cameron gave into Salmond's demand on the referendum - timing, wording and eligibility to vote. If he hated Scotland, he would dug his heels in. The Lib Dems lost all but one of their Scottish seats and seeking revenge. It's in their DNA.

nonsense Cameron dictated it had to be within 18 months that was a condition 2014 was the only date offered and also that the franchise would be the same as holyrood elections.

His only concession was 16 and 17 year olds. You just talk constant drivel.

I think he's an Little Englander and you can bet your bottom dollar he would throw Scotland aside if it was to Englands benefit.

(No, GD, I'm no having a go at the English but at the c**ts in Westminster.)

Can you recall when the Tories were in power and there was a decision to close either Rosyth or Portsmouth (I think?)

One had a Labour MP and the other was in a safe Tory seat.

Guess which one was closed.

Years later it was admitted that the Portsmouth lot had cooked the books to show that they were a viable business.

Cabinet to endorse closure of Rosyth base

Wednesday 13 July 1994

THE CABINET will today endorse defence cuts with the loss of an estimated 20,000 jobs and agree to mothball the Rosyth naval base in Scotland,

in spite of heavy protests.

Edit: The Lib Dems lost all but one of their Scottish seats and seeking revenge...and so did the Tories and SLab.

I trust Fide believes everything David Laws says? If so, it's pretty remarkable he doesn't vote Lib Dem given this entire book explains at length the things we stopped the Tories doing and how great we are.

I think he's an Little Englander and you can bet your bottom dollar he would throw Scotland aside if it was to Englands benefit.

Can you recall when the Tories were in power and there was a decision to close either Rosyth or Portsmouth (I think?)

Years later it was admitted that the Portsmouth lot had cooked the books to show that they were a viable business.

Wednesday 13 July 1994

THE CABINET will today endorse defence cuts with the loss of an estimated 20,000 jobs and agree to mothball the Rosyth naval base in Scotland,

Edit: The Lib Dems lost all but one of their Scottish seats and seeking revenge...and so did the Tories and SLab.

Except the Tories kept their 1 seat in the 2015 election.

So what are they seeking revenge for?

Wednesday 13 July 1994

If I remember correctly it had something to do with submarine refitting,a fortune was spent preparing Rosyth for this, the work was then awarded to Portsmouth which was not equipped to carry out this work. Another fortune spent. A political decision if ever there was one. Getting auld so maybe way off here 😉

If I remember correctly it had something to do with submarine refitting,a fortune was spent preparing Rosyth for this, the work was then awarded to Portsmouth which was not equipped to carry out this work. Another fortune spent. A political decision if ever there was one. Getting auld so maybe way off here 😉

Dinnae apologise, I'm in the same boat :thumsup2

No matter the ins and outs of the subject the fact is that another Scottish business was closed and the work transferred to England.

Think of Mines, Shipyards and Steel where the work was transferred Southward.

And all done by guid Unionists (aka Little Englanders).

Dinnae apologise, I'm in the same boat :thumsup2

No matter the ins and outs of the subject the fact is that another Scottish business was closed and the work transferred to England.

Think of Mines, Shipyards and Steel where the work was transferred Southward.

And all done by guid Unionists (aka Little Englanders).

The fact that the government of the UK is nearly always going to be decided by voters in England, they cannot be criticized for looking after their own interests

The fact that the government of the UK is nearly always going to be decided by voters in England, they cannot be criticized for looking after their own interests

FTFY

And I never said they should.

It's the thick c**ts in Scotland who slavishly extol the benefits of the UK and applaud when they see Scottish work/jobs heading south that I'm angry at.

nonsense Cameron dictated it had to be within 18 months that was a condition 2014 was the only date offered and also that the franchise would be the same as holyrood elections. His only concession was 16 and 17 year olds. You just talk constant drivel.

More nonsense from Fuzzy Afro. Salmond and Sturgeon signed the Edinburgh Agreement so they must have been happy with the requirement to hold it in 2014. 

Are you saying that Salmond wanted the franchise to be different from the Holyrood elections plus 16/17 year olds? If so please provide evidence to back up the claim. The fact is that Cameron made no demands at all. Paragraph 10 of the Edinburgh Agreement's memorandum stated - 

"The Scottish Government’s consultation on the referendum also set out a proposal for extending the franchise to allow 16 and 17 year-olds to vote in the referendum. It will be for the Scottish Government to decide whether to propose extending the franchise for this referendum and how that should be done. It will be for the Scottish Parliament to approve the referendum franchise, as it would be for any referendum on devolved matters."   

Osborne had wanted Cameron to demand a vote on Devo Max too. Instead, Cameron gave Salmond what he wanted - a straight Yes/No vote. 

Stop posting lies Fuzzy.

Archived