Cameron 'doesn't care' about Scotland

And I never said they should.

It's the thick c**ts in Scotland who slavishly extol the benefits of the UK and applaud when they see Scottish work/jobs heading south that I'm angry at.

And that's why independence is inevitable ðŸ‘

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You did what I wanted. I will now seek revenge on you"

Said no one ever

It's not a very different a sentiment from what Gove is claiming the EU will do if we vote to stay. We'll be "hostages in the boot of their car" if we vote to remain, I believe he claimed.

More nonsense from Fuzzy Afro. Salmond and Sturgeon signed the Edinburgh Agreement so they must have been happy with the requirement to hold it in 2014.

Are you saying that Salmond wanted the franchise to be different from the Holyrood elections plus 16/17 year olds? If so please provide evidence to back up the claim. The fact is that Cameron made no demands at all. Paragraph 10 of the Edinburgh Agreement's memorandum stated -

"The Scottish Government’s consultation on the referendum also set out a proposal for extending the franchise to allow 16 and 17 year-olds to vote in the referendum. It will be for the Scottish Government to decide whether to propose extending the franchise for this referendum and how that should be done. It will be for the Scottish Parliament to approve the referendum franchise, as it would be for any referendum on devolved matters."

Osborne had wanted Cameron to demand a vote on Devo Max too. Instead, Cameron gave Salmond what he wanted - a straight Yes/No vote.

Stop posting lies Fuzzy.

everything you say is a lie they were given no choice on the date and it was Cameron that ruled out devo max which the snp wanted, it was London that said it has to be a straight yes or no then held within 18 months.

everything you say is a lie they were given no choice on the date and it was Cameron that ruled out devo max which the snp wanted, it was London that said it has to be a straight yes or no then held within 18 months.

So Fuzzy is saying that the SNP wanted Devo Max rather than Scottish independence?  :lol:

The only date requirement, agreed by the SNP, was that the referendum had to held in 2014. 

They clearly were given a choice on the date. It could have been on any day on or before 1st January 2015 after the passing of the s30 Order.

So Fuzzy is saying that the SNP wanted Devo Max rather than Scottish independence? :lol:

The only date requirement, agreed by the SNP, was that the referendum had to held in 2014.

Iirc salmond wanted a devo max option but swinney, sturgeon and others in the party pushed for indy only...

Iirc salmond wanted a devo max option but swinney, sturgeon and others in the party pushed for indy only...

I can't recall Salmond saying that but it's entirely logical. It would explain the flaws in the White Paper, especially on Sterling and EU membership. His policies were consistent with Devo Max but not full independence.

I still can't understand why Salmond has gone back Westminster to sit in the Parliament that he wants Scotland to leave. 

Is there a link to the Anthony C Pick stuff? Or could someone summarise the relevance? Google brings up a page claiming he's an IT guy who wrote an essay on his "reflections" on "the nation state" and a link to a thread on this forum by the guy that is just gibberish.

They clearly were given a choice on the date. It could have been on any day on or before 1st January 2015 after the passing of the s30 Order.

So had to be 2014 then, as I said. That was the choice London gave Scotland, hold it in 2014 or not at all. Good that you agree with me for once.

So Fuzzy is saying that the SNP wanted Devo Max rather than Scottish independence?  :lol:

Erm yes, once again you have no clue what you are talking about, the SNP specificially asked for a third question on devo max, WM said no. Do you know anything about any of this?

Erm yes, once again you have no clue what you are talking about, the SNP specificially asked for a third question on devo max, WM said no. Do you know anything about any of this?

No they didn't. This is just flatly untrue.

Your Scotland Your Referendum, the Scottish Government's consultation document, stated that it was "willing" to include a second question on "further substantial devolution" or "devolution max" "if there [wa]s sufficient support for such a move".

At no point did they "specifically ask" for it; the Scottish Ministers were internally divided about whether such a second question should be sought.

Moreover, when the Scottish Government did an analysis of the consultation responses to Your Scotland Your Referendum, they found that:

Of those respondents who commented on the issue of a second question, 32% were broadly in favour of including a second question and 62% were not; the remainder had unclear or mixed views.

Speaking as someone who wanted a second question on the ballot, I will not allow people like you to rewrite history about the SNP and the second question.

No they didn't. This is just flatly untrue.

Your Scotland Your Referendum, the Scottish Government's consultation document, stated that it was "willing" to include a second question on "further substantial devolution" or "devolution max" "if there [wa]s sufficient support for such a move".

At no point did they "specifically ask" for it; the Scottish Ministers were internally divided about whether such a second question should be sought.

Moreover, when the Scottish Government did an analysis of the consultation responses to Your Scotland Your Referendum, they found that:

Speaking as someone who wanted a second question on the ballot, I will not allow people like you to rewrite history about the SNP and the second question.

Polls showed support for that was almost 70% champ, WM ruled it out. That's what happened, you're not in a position to 'allow' anything troll.

Polls showed support for that was almost 70% champ, WM ruled it out. That's what happened, you're not in a position to 'allow' anything troll.

Polls supporting a proposition is not the same thing as the SNP seeking it.

Archived