The Scottish Leicester?

Quite. I read somewhere (Forbes or Deloitte or somewhere else legit) that Aberdeen's budget is 17% of celtic's, whereas Leicester's is 25% of Man City.

The fact the bookies had longer odds on Leicester says more about the Celtic squad than anything else.

I believe this is the article you're thinking of:  http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-britain-aberdeen-idUKKCN0WC09V

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester just won their first ever Top division League Title in their history of just over 130 years 

Which excludes

Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Motherwell & Kilmarnock

From the list of candidates

If Dumbarton finally follow up their 1891-92 success that would probably count

Saying Dundee have a top 6 budget is such a bizarre thing to get worked up about. Chill out, you weirdo.

Agreed - and the fact that we finished at the split in 7th and were 3 points off 4th suggests our budget may be fairly appropriate to our league position?

A more important stat though would be budget against income and if we have a top 6 income, no problemo! 

ETA - I only opened this thread as I thought there was a new cheese on the go.  Very disappointed P&B.

Some people on here act as if Scotland is the only nation with a huge disparity in club size. Most European Leagues have either 1, 2 or 3 dominant teams: similar sized countries like Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, even Spain and Germany. In these countries a smaller club has won the League in the past 10 years or so, so there's no reason why it can't happen in Scotland.

Yeah, but that's stretching. Since 1934 Portugal has seen their league won by five clubs. Only 1946 and 2001 did one of the big three not win it.

Since it's formation the Portuguese league has also seen only 8 different runner ups.

Archived