The ones who got away

I think you're wrong and speaking pish.

Righto.

BTW, Kusczak made a clear contribution to every title he won while he was at United. He's had a really successful career, Given's had a really good one.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Righto.

BTW, Kusczak made a clear contribution to every title he won while he was at United. He's had a really successful career, Given's had a really good one.

Definition of Succesful

post-14721-14623665579854_thumb.jpg

Think it's safe to say all that applies to Givens career in football. But aye. No point arguing anymore as Mackie says. Round in circles.

Look forward to Given finishing off his really successful career with a wee trip to France next month.

I think you've just thrown your whole 'Given wouldn't swap Kusczak careers' quip into doubt there.

He won't get it, though, will he?

Some people like to argue for the sake of it, embarrassing stuff.

There is no right answer it’s all relative to your own opinion.

Move on.

Correct answer.

However, I tried this earlier and it fell on deaf ears so I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Surely how successful a career you have is based on your medal haul when you retire?

So if Given had went to United, been 2nd/3rd choice keeper for 5 years making 32 appearances before going to a championship club he would've had a better career?

Is Kusczak the 4th most successful goalkeeper in EPL history behind Peter Schmeichel, Van Der Sar and Cech? Is there only 30 players more successful than him in EPL history?

For me. Player and team success is completely different. There's been plenty of fantastic players that have had great careers playing in teams that haven't won anything and plenty of poor players that have been bit part players for teams that have won loads.

The overall team success doesn't make the individuals success in football better than others.

Definitely my last input this time, I promise. :)

If someone has had a career in business, worked their way up from the bottom to a level where they earned six figures for 20 years, but never won any awards, are they less successful than a squeaky voiced teen who's won employee of the month a couple of times?

So if Given had went to United, been 2nd/3rd choice keeper for 5 years making 32 appearances before going to a championship club he would've had a better career?

He'd have been more successful, certainly.

Yeah, I'm sure Kusczak will be disappointed when he tells his grandchildren he won the league three times whilst playing for Man Utd. What about you, Granda Shay? Yeah I played and lost quite a lot of games with Newcastle.

So by that token Richard Wright has had a better career than Shay Given too?

Some folk outing themselves as clueless today.

Given on his move to Manchester City:

'Shay Given has moved from Newcastle United, a club where he spent 12 years and became a firm fans' favourite, to Manchester City in order to win trophies, he has said today.

'Given spent 12 years at Newcastle but admitted that by the end of his stay he was no longer happy.

'"This was an opportunity to further my career and pick up silverware," he added.'

Seems like Shay measures success by trophies, too.

Some folk outing themselves as clueless today.

Aye, the folk who back the assertion that Given's had a "highly successful" career in England.

So by that token Richard Wright has had a better career than Shay Given too?

He's certainly had a more successful one, yes.

I'm still awaiting your response to your earlier statement which I questioned btw.

Archived