Stranraer Vs Livi

Nobody who's even remotely followed Livingston match threads this season should be surprised at the result tbh, Hopkin again showing himself to be an utterly inept manager who's devoid of any tactical awareness.

We are going down, and deservedly so. We've been fucking rotten for the past three seasons, culminating in this current clusterfuck. Might even go tits up, which would surely please some here.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard on the grapevine that Martindale will more than likely be the new manager once Hopkin gets the heave-ho.

If Livingston progress through this tie after tonight's result, I'll get a pishy tattoo of Pocahontas' head on my left arm like David Hopkin has.

Nobody who's even remotely followed Livingston match threads this season should be surprised at the result tbh, Hopkin again showing himself to be an utterly inept manager who's devoid of any tactical awareness.

We are going down, and deservedly so. We've been fucking rotten for the past three seasons, culminating in this current clusterfuck. Might even go tits up, which would surely please some here.

People always forget how small the gap in quality is between the leagues.

Same reason Morton think they'll finish above us next reason and the same reason United fans think they'll be challenging for the title.

I predicted Stranraer would turn Livi over.

Stranraer played well throughout the whole game, they did not look like the part time team and were well up for it. Well done.

We looked as though the players had never met before, God knows what they do in full time training sessions but they were seriously lacking in stamina and there was no sign of teamwork. Our keeper came over to apologize, even throwing his towel and gloves to the ground to accentuate his self disgust (worthy of an Oscar, it was) He should have shown that passion at the start of the game not the bloody end.

Saturday is going to be another sore one, but we get what we deserve. I would hope the manager would learn from this game and make some changes or at the very least make the team look like they are at least fighting for something but I can't see that happening. They are probably giving Cole a pampering massage and feeding him grapes while he reclines on a velvet couch rather than the boot up the arse he needs. 

Comedy moment of the game, mid-way through the second half, when a towel was thrown on the pitch from the Livi bench, not sure if the referee saw it or not but he carried on with the game anyway. I'd suggest in future if Livi really want to chuck a game that since the ref will be watching for any raised flags from the assistant, they should take along a pole and wave it around with a white flag on the end of it.

Great display by Stranraer,Gibson and Stirling terrified there back 4 and if the same happens on Saturday just cannot see the blues not scoring.Just watched the Livi Manager comments on video,seems to think it was all down to the pitch,didnt hear him say Stranraer played well,not over yet,but looking forward to Saturday

Well that was a reasonable start.

Now to remortgage the house to get into *insert name of stad

ium here, and buy a pie.

Yer hoose must be in some nick clayhole,it's only thirteen quid to get in on Saturday,kids get in for three pound if they're primary age,fiver if over and other concesssions are £7

Guest TOPFITTER

After hearing Hopkin's ungracious, disrespectful and excuse ridden attempt at an after match interview, Livingston should be relegated forthwith for that alone. If he exemplifies Livingston FC, then administration and liquidation for you would be best for the Scottish game. As always it is the Club's fans who will suffer the most as a club meets it's demise.

After hearing Hopkin's ungracious, disrespectful and excuse ridden attempt at an after match interview, Livingston should be relegated forthwith for that alone. If he exemplifies Livingston FC, then administration and liquidation for you would be best for the Scottish game. As always it is the Club's fans who will suffer the most as a club meets it's demise.

What did he say? 

He came across like a seething Da' on the touchline of a boys club game after we played them in January.

People always forget how small the gap in quality is between the leagues.

Same reason Morton think they'll finish above us next reason and the same reason United fans think they'll be challenging for the title.

I predicted Stranraer would turn Livi over.

Your assumption would be correct if Livi were in any way representative of a decent Championship side - they arent.

He's an idiot, wouldn't pay much attention to him. I've seen u16s teams coached and set up better, most if not all the fans didn't want him in the first place but yeh we got landed with the incompetent twat and he along with the players have taken us down.

The good thing is that now that we are all but relegated hes likely to be gone.

Congratulations on the win, thoroughly deserved and could've been 6 or 7 really.

No surprise that Hopkin isn't shouldering any of the blame. A woefully incompetent "manager".

Blaming the pitch is toys out the pram behaviour. He should read Tactics 101 before carrying out shitehawk behaviour like that.

Archived