Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

How's he been - has he not been on the bench quite a lot?

Comments on Beith welcome too.:whistle

Calum Morrison has done well, he started the last few games after being on the bench.

Beith been one of our better players in Midfield for us, hope to keep him on loan until the end of season.

Edited by rhliston

How's he been - has he not been on the bench quite a lot?
Comments on Beith welcome too.:whistle

Callum Morrison started off slow, I must admit, I wasn't convinced by him. Games seemed to pass him by and he didn't really offer a lot. It got to the stage where he wasn't even in the match day squad and it looked inevitable that he would be sent back to Hearts. Since Dave Mackay has come in though, the lad has been excellent. I'm delighted that the loan has been extended because he's got all the attributes to be a good player. Is he ready for the Hearts team, no, not yet but he certainly has potential and it will be interested to see how he develops over the next few seasons.

Angus Beith is a class act. Again, it took him a while to get going, you were starting to wonder if injury had taken it's toll on a player that looked a shadow of the one that was onloan to us over a season ago. With regular football however, he has now shown that he is in fact a better player than that one. I really hope his contract can be extended to, he is a key player for us and going back to Hearts will probably set him back again. If you could keep him at us this season, maybe loan him to a Championship club next season (Raith springs to mind), and I think you'll have a player ready to break through the following season. Beith has it all (except scoring goals) from what I can see, and if he keeps going the way he is going, will be one exciting player.

6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Dont see why Hearts wouldnt extend Beith's loan, he isnt exactly going to play for their first team.

We're short in centre-mid with only Cowie, Kitchen, Buaben, and Djoum, with the latter being away on international duty for a wee while, so we might need cover - I think we're also keen to push him on a wee bit.

An extended spell at Stirling might be good as well, though - I guess we'll see. :)

We're short in centre-mid with only Cowie, Kitchen, Buaben, and Djoum, with the latter being away on international duty for a wee while, so we might need cover - I think we're also keen to push him on a wee bit.
An extended spell at Stirling might be good as well, though - I guess we'll see. [emoji4]

I think keeping him at us till the end of the season would be benefical for everyone tbh.

3 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Seeing as it could be Bikey's last game next week I feel this thread needs some more Bikey loving.

Didnt score today but still some boy.

Yep he was the difference today at Station Park for us, got the penalty which we failed to score and I counted 3 Forfar players being booked for fouling him. Anytime he was on the ball the Forfar defenders were worried, unlucky not to score near the end but our best player today.

Ray McKinnon on Radio Scotland saying he is looking for "a forward thinking player who can play wide or through the middle" and "he's been impressed with a boy we've had in for about 2 weeks now".....might be wrong but Bikey ticks those boxes.