Stirling Albion Thread

Take it he'll be moving to a big team over the summer rather than spending another wasted season down amongst the dead men.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Suggestion on the Saints forum that Danny Jardine isn't getting a new contract at Saints.

If that is the case would welcome him back at Forthbank next season, as a previous poster says was voted our YPOTY. 

Suggestion on the Saints forum that Danny Jardine isn't getting a new contract at Saints.

Can’t say I’d be too surprised to see him released. With all due respect, a loan move to this level should of happened for the lad a year or so ago, so he is slightly behind the curve for a Premiership player. He’s a good player, there is no doubt, but he is probably not ready to step into St.Johnstone’s first team.

He’s definitely someone who could drop down the leagues and return in time though and hopefully he’s enjoyed his time at the club and he sees a future for himself here, would love to see him play for a little longer.

Last time the Mo won the league,  ('84-'85) I was in first year uni.  at Aberdeen.  A guy along the corridor in halls called Richard Clubb was an Albion fan. Richard, if you're still alive and reading this, all the best to your team in the playoffs. If any Albion fans know him, please pass on the message. Cheers.

ETA -  All this, assuming he has stayed loyal and not deserted to the glory-hunters.

Edited by Brummo
erudition

Hearing that Dave Mackay has singed a new contract

Good news if true. He said in the SO just the other week that he wanted to stay and he would sit down with the club in the weeks to come and get everything sorted. He’s moved the club forward and deserves another year IMHO.

Shouldn't let him play with matches!!!

That actually made me laugh out loud [emoji23]

Saw this and very much agree. But play him through the center rather than out wide.

Aye he's wasted out wide. When he was moved back into centre mid last night it made a difference.

It’s the end of the road for a few of the players at the club, and without knowing exactly who will not be offered any news deals, I doubt there will be much in the way of surprises. Dave Mackay said on Rock Sport that he didn’t want to rebuild the squad every year and that there was positions he wanted to strengthen. When you look at the style that tends to win this league, then we are a long way from it.

Improvements have been made and I thank everyone for that, but if this club has really aspirations to get back up to the top end of League 1, then we need greater improvement. We also need to know if this consortium bid is being accepted or not. I know that’s not anyone (currently involved in the clubs) fault, but, if Dave Mackay is staying, he needs to know what money he has to work with, and now.

So with the season over now, what players would you like to say and go. *Hamilton and Barr under contract

Binnie - Stay, but not as first choice
Wight - Meh

McGeachie - Stay, did well and deserves another season.
McNeil - I’m not actually sure, sod it, go
Noble - Go
R.Smith - Go

Black - Stay. Not the best on the ball but does well in breaking up play and handy to have in the squad
Robertson - Go, inconsistent
Caddis - Go, inconsistent
Dickson - Go, inconsistent

Kavanagh - Go. Runs his heart out but has a bit of he Phil Johnston about him
MacDonald - Stay, if he has the legs for another year.
D.Smith - No brainer
Little - Go, just to injury prone to keep.