Stirling Albion Thread

What's happened to the Albion forum? I'm assuming gorilla hasn't paid the bills as he hadn't been seen for months. 

Going by his Facebook page there are issues with the server/host. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

40 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Time for the board to step up and sack McLaren, its not good enough

Cant see it happening this early in the season but if I was on the Board I would have cause for concern if we continue to ship goals. I would expect them to hope the side improves and if it does not expect them to act. I`d give him to the first quarter of the season and if were in the bottom half then expect them to act, if not the fans will make their feelings well known.

That's 8 goals shipped in 2 away games, simply not good enough if we are to have any ambitions for playoffs/promotion this season. We face Edinburgh City next at Forthbank and would expect us to win, then we face the current League Leaders Forfar away and if our defence plays like today then its going to be another bad day.

Edited by rhliston

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Might be early in the season but this has been our constant form since he took over, its time for him to go

Every since the Boxing Day 2015 game against East Fife we have struggled and apart from the odd freak result against Montrose we have done nothing. Our defence is a bomb scare, shipping in goals especially away from home this season. The only thing in our favour just now are their teams like Cowdenbeath, Montrose and Edinburgh City who are worse than us just now in that order and unless our defence improves then forget about playoffs and promotion.

2 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Every since the Boxing Day 2015 game against East Fife we have struggled and apart from the odd freak result against Montrose we have done nothing. Our defence is a bomb scare, shipping in goals especially away from home this season. The only thing in our favour just now are their teams like Cowdenbeath, Montrose and Edinburgh City who are worse than us just now in that order and unless our defence improves then forget about playoffs and promotion.

If our defence doesn't improve, then I wouldn't be surprised if we make the play-offs, but not the ones we're hoping for.

Edited by Binos123sam

If our defence doesn't improve, then I wouldn't be surprised if we make the play-offs, but not the ones we're hoping for.

I don't think we are bad as that but clearly if we don't improve then it's another season wasted finishing 6th or 7th in the League.

I don't think we are bad as that but clearly if we don't improve then it's another season wasted finishing 6th or 7th in the League.

I personally cant see us improving under McLaren, keep him longer and it will be a wasted season sitting in 6th or 7th

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

I personally cant see us improving under McLaren, keep him longer and it will be a wasted season sitting in 6th or 7th

Hopefully we can improve but as I have said previously the Board made the decision to give him an extension to his contract despite the performance last season in finishing 7th.

He is at the last chance saloon imo and if results don`t go well in the next 4 or 5 weeks and we continue to ship goals then I expect the Board to get rid of him.

He`s being given more money than Greg McDonald had in the signing of Blair Henderson tbh and while he looks like a good signing so far we need to make sure the defence stops leaking goals overwise its pointless being able to score goals but lose more at the other end, that's what the manager is paid to sort out and if he can`t then he needs to be replaced with someone who is capable of doing that. Football is a results driven business and if the results are poor then ultimately the manager carries the can.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 22:07, rhliston said:

That's true, but we've only conceded 2 goals at home in the 4 league cup and league games, compared to 14 away goals conceded. Goals for are 8 at home, and 6 away in the same games. Suggests we're able to defend okay at home, though facts and figures don't always tell the whole story. I'm sure the management team see this, and are able to successfully address the issues in the coming weeks.

"It means that they go into the international break with only four points from a possible 12 so far in Ladbrokes League 2"

"It’s now 14 games without an away win in all competitions since Darren Smith’s hat-trick saw off Montrose 3-1 at Links Park in mid-December"

.....terrible.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/stirling-albion-left-frustrated-after-8742461

On 29/08/2016 at 12:36, gmca said:

I'm sure the management team see this, and are able to successfully address the issues in the coming weeks.

:lol:

Aye ok, It was glaringly obvious the defence was a weak point of the team, yet throughout the entire summer, he did nothing to 'address' it. 

13 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

:lol:

Aye ok, It was glaringly obvious the defence was a weak point of the team, yet throughout the entire summer, he did nothing to 'address' it. 

I didn't think the defence was that bad tbh, it could be that McLaren thought his main concern lay in the midfield and up front. He has brought in a couple of good players in Hodge, Ferns, Henderson and MacKenzie who have shown they can perform well but I just wonder why he dropped Davidson from the lineup to the bench this season. Imo he should be a starter, also surely Jamie Mills should be getting more game time, Ross Forsyth has been a good servant to the club but I feel he should be playing less this season and Mills should be given the chance to show what he can do at left back.