Stirling Albion Thread

Was very confused to when i seen that Davidson had been dropped. By the looks of things McLaren seems to pick his buddies over the better footballers, Sean Dickson being the prime example of that

Agree regarding Dickson, feel their is a good player somewhere but he only shows it on rare occasions, most of the rest of the time he just runs around doing not much.

At the end of the day McLaren has to get us into at least the playoffs to keep his job, anything less and he's gone. That might come sooner if we start shipping goals away from home.

8 hours ago, rhliston said:

also surely Jamie Mills should be getting more game time, Ross Forsyth has been a good servant to the club but I feel he should be playing less this season and Mills should be given the chance to show what he can do at left back.

In his only real chance, Mills was roasted by a 17-yr old winger that we subsequently signed on a development loan. Harsh to judge on one appearance perhaps, but it wasn't pretty. 

In his only real chance, Mills was roasted by a 17-yr old winger that we subsequently signed on a development loan. Harsh to judge on one appearance perhaps, but it wasn't pretty. 

Also looked suspect against Cumbernauld Colts in Pre-Season and Brechin. Let's hope it's just a bedding in period and not a duff signing.

Also looked suspect against Cumbernauld Colts in Pre-Season and Brechin. Let's hope it's just a bedding in period and not a duff signing.

Hope so but Ross Forsyth isn't getting any younger and sooner rather than later we need someone to take over that position. The Edinburgh City game could be the ideal opportunity to give him any chance imo.

Taking Ross Forsyth out is the least of our concerns. He isn't 37/38 and making mistakes weekly. He's still only 33. Got a good season or two left in him.

I'm more concerned by the centre of the defence. As I said previously, Davidson should never have been dropped for Smith heading into the Arbroath match. Verlaque is brilliant going forward at times but can be left exposed defensively. Needs to work on that side of the game in training or he'll get replaced by a winger or Mazel in defence.

Something not right with the central midfield. Won't go there again.

I'm confident of beating Edinburgh City (sorry City fans, I'm usually wrong) but Forfar will be a very tough match. Hopefully things improve.

• 2 weeks later...