Stirling Albion Thread

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

re is definitely a player there. I always go back to the 3  game i saw of him against us last season and he absolutely rag-dolled our defence in each of those games and looked a very very different player to the one we see at the moment.

Is it a confidence thing or is it more of an issue that we are not playing his game......I really don't know, but I'm sure if MacKay can get him ticking again then we do stand a chance of making the Play Offs.....if he can't, then a Striker must be top of his "to get" list because Layne isn't the answer either and Ferns or D.Smith aren't Strikers.

Agree re Henderson just hope MacKay can get him back on track, as Layne is only on loan until Jan as far as I can recall. Regarding Darren Smith again really does not score many goals for us and I would think adding at least one more striker in the New Year could be a priority for us.

On 11/11/2016 at 13:30, BinosCammy said:

Rumours on Albions forum suggest Alex Cellend or Scott Servin (Ex Aberdeen). Ross Forsyth could step up also

Cleland applied for the Raith job, so I'd be surprised if he wanted to become an assistant somewhere.

Seems strange that the club have allowed Robertson to come back on trial, not complaining though think Robertson is a good player.

It was a move that had caught everyone by surprise as there was nothing said about it until the team lines were posted on Twitter.

I think (if he has come back with his head screwed) that it's a good move by the club, and with Mazel hanging his boots up, we are in need of that type of player. Would be good to have confirmation though, has he signed or did he feature as a trialist?

I think he may have signed because he was listed by using his name on the team sheet.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

It was a move that had caught everyone by surprise as there was nothing said about it until the team lines were posted on Twitter.

I think (if he has come back with his head screwed) that it's a good move by the club, and with Mazel hanging his boots up, we are in need of that type of player. Would be good to have confirmation though, has he signed or did he feature as a trialist?

I think he may have signed because he was listed by using his name on the team sheet.

Think he featured as a Trialist on Saturday, don't think they can sign him until Jan. Agree re your comments re Robertson if his head is screwed on he will be an asset for us in a position we are lacking in.

Think he featured as a Trialist on Saturday, don't think they can sign him until Jan. Agree re your comments re Robertson if his head is screwed on he will be an asset for us in a position we are lacking in.

He was probably our best player last season before getting his contract ripped up. Would welcome him back as youve said he keeps his head screwed on.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

He can play three times as a trialist, but wouldn't be eligible for the cup game. We could sign him ahead of time but would be unable to register him until January..