Stirling Albion Thread

After Tuesday nights performance, would take the big lad Russel Mclean of Hearts under 20, i think he'd score goals in this leagur

Might be worth a punt, though it all depends on how Hearts think about it and whether it would benefit him, as if Henderson is fit, their is no way he would start.

Suppose you could play Darren Smith or Moses through the middle if Henderson does get injured, but agree that we do need a backup striker

In defence i liked the 2 who played together against Falkirk, cant mind who it was. But still think a new cb should be priority

I’m not sure the Defence really is that much of an issue if I’m honest. I’ve been more than impressed with Davidson and he has fitted in well with McMillan against Cumbernauld & Falkirk, along with those at the tail end of last season. McMillian hasn’t looked like the same player since coming back from his injury, and good players will expose that…..but we are judging him against players that play week in week out in leagues that are higher than this. He’s captain so obviously part of the plan, a decent run of games and who’s not to say he’ll get back to where he was before his injury. Also, for me, Ross Smith was the unsung hero of last season in my eyes.

As for brining players in. I remember reading a quote from McLaren saying there was enough money in the budget for 2 loan players, but he’ll wait to see how things go before deciding on that one.

My main worry is where the club goes if Henderson picks up a long term injury. Going by the games so far, Kavanagh doesn’t look ready, Darren Smith is not an out and out Striker and I wouldn’t imagine Ferns, McKenzie or Moses could play the loan role.

I don't think Moses is the player we all hope he might be. I suspect he will be consigned to the bench.

I was a bit disappointed with Moses in the Hearts game, in his favour he's young and still got a lot to learn, with his pace he could be our super sub to put on when we need to go for goals.

My main worry is where the club goes if Henderson picks up a long term injury. Going by the games so far, Kavanagh doesn’t look ready, Darren Smith is not an out and out Striker and I wouldn’t imagine Ferns, McKenzie or Moses could play the loan role.

Ferns could play the loan role imo but not McKenzie or Moses. Agree with you regarding Ross Kavanagh still in development.

Bit short in the attack department and I think another central striker should be brought in either on loan or by picking up some one with experience.

I don't think Moses is the player we all hope he might be.

I've said it a few times now but I'm yet to be convinced and couldn't understand the Young Player of the Year votes.

The guy is young and raw so let's keep our fingers crossed but would rather see him get the head down, improve his fitness, first touch, no in fact improve his all round game and stop the "Moses Show" until he actual performs consistently.

I feel like there's a lot to come from Moses. He's still young and learning his trade. He'll be a great player at this level. May not start many games initially but players get injured, lose form and that's when he needs to take his chance. I think a run of 5-6 games in the side and he'd be a lot better for it.

The defence is a concern. Think a few Albion fans underestimate the level of opposition in this division. I thought signing a centre half in the summer was a priority but will hopefully be proved wrong.

I've said it a few times now but I'm yet to be convinced and couldn't understand the Young Player of the Year votes.

Didnt understand that either.

I do think Moses could be a good player for us, he has pace and looks pretty strong. It whether or not he uses that to his advantage

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Our 20s have a match with your 20s side on Monday, just a friendly, any first teamers likely to appear?

Possibly Ross Smith as he's suspended for Saturday's game, maybe also Aurelien Mazel as he's missed pre-season through injury.

Possibly Ross Smith as he's suspended for Saturday's game, maybe also Aurelien Mazel as he's missed pre-season through injury.

Also Ross McGeachie as well missed the early cup games due to injury, might play.

22 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Is Ross McCheechie a first teamer?

I assume you mean Ross McGeachie, who is a first team squad member. He's been injured, so hasn't played at all this season, I think. Assume he played in tonight's game.

6 minutes ago, gmca said:

I assume you mean Ross McGeachie, who is a first team squad member. He's been injured, so hasn't played at all this season, I think. Assume he played in tonight's game.

Yeah that's the one. Might explain his performance then. The number 7 for Stirling was ok, but the defence and central midfield were not good at all.