Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Advertiser says signings imminent as reported above. Also said that they had tried to persuade Cadden to sign for 5 months and thought they had a deal. Then Cadden employed an agent and second offer made.

From what King was saying about sticking to budgets it seems to me that a couple of names mentioned on here are pie in the sky.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advertiser says signings imminent as reported above. Also said that they had tried to persuade Cadden to sign for 5 months and thought they had a deal. Then Cadden employed an agent and second offer made.

From what King was saying about sticking to budgets it seems to me that a couple of names mentioned on here are pie in the sky.

As usual an agent telling a player he's worth more than he actually is.

Has TW mentioned anything regarding his plans after the three years? We could either be in the ground like the way livi are heading or competing in the championship, either or, what happens after the three years?

I have asked the questions countless times on here, what happens if the 3 year plan doesn't work and I have not had any response.

Got told on here I was talking rubbish, well thank you Bryan prunty for clearing it up players were told they were being offered contracts and the club went back on their word.

Did you? Must have missed that. Don't think anybody was disputing it.

Copper81, realistically if it doesn't work then we will revert back to part time status surely!? All full time players sold/freed/ or offered part time terms. We've been there before with Ballantyne and moving to part time.

The hope is that there will be no debt against the club that cannot be repaid/managed should that scenario happen. And that they manage length of contracts accordingly.

Not sure what else you'd be expecting?

I have asked the questions countless times on here, what happens if the 3 year plan doesn't work and I have not had any response.

This was answered at the Q+A. That bridge will be crossed when we get to it.

Long term the club will be handed to the fans.

Now away and take your pills.

Back it up what have I said that's not true. I named players who were told they were being offered contracts and the club went back on it.

Or you've picked out players who you wanted to stay, they haven't and it rightly looks like you're talking a load of shite

To be fair it doesn't actually say in the Advertiser that Prunty was actually offered a contract and then had it withdrawn. It says he was in talks with King about his future and then was surprised when he was told he wasn't being kept on. Bit of a difference.

Archived