Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

I stated on here one or both centre half's would be offered a contract - true king confirms it in tizer.

I said prunty bain Lister would get offered contract two of those players have came out and said they were under impression they would get offers bain and prunty and that the club changed their mind.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read tizer article when ewb took unwell bain I'm sure mentions in tizer he had held discussions with ewb around staying. Now that's 3 players cox prunty bain surprised didnt get offers however were under the impression they would be. The 3 off those players are hardly trouble makers.

Bain did get an offer. Prunty thought he would get one, but was never promised one.

You're twisting the facts to make yourself look right.

I said bain prunty Lister and one or both centre half's would be offered contracts got told I was talking s..t how can I can I twist that.

There's no way we are going to get Rankin or Lappin both are good enough for a decent championship team if not another premier side. If we have made them offers then fair play to the club for being ambitious but I think we as supporters should be more realistic and hope the management team know what they are doing.

Why are we even discussing this? Is anyone other than Cooper81 even remotely bothered about players thinking they were getting offers and then never being offered one? They have went and signed for other clubs now, no amount of moaning or finger pointing is going to change that now. Remember they are all players who have helped us secure 5th and 6th in the third tier of Scottish football for the last 3 seasons.

The noise coming from club appears to suggest close to several signings both external and internal. Let's just wait and see what those look like before going off on one.

The 2 names I have heard would be a decent start.

Who are the 2 names you've heard?

Do people actually think were trying to sign rankin and lappin on £350 a week. If we do get either them which would surpruse me they will be on more money.

You're like an excited wee puppy bouncing from one nonsense, greeting faced moan to another.

It would be interesting to know come the start of the season how many players were offered deals and how many of those actually signed.

The son of a work colleague of mine is being released by Hamilton and was apparently spoken to by someone at the club. However he would rather play part time and go to college or university to do a "proper course" full time.

It would be interesting to know come the start of the season how many players were offered deals and how many of those actually signed.

The son of a work colleague of mine is being released by Hamilton and was apparently spoken to by someone at the club. However he would rather play part time and go to college or university to do a "proper course" full time.

Think the young Hamilton player has got his head screwed on.Definitely the way to go.

I wonder if the same circumstances will impact on our efforts to sign up young Stewart.

Archived