Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do get Luca back that would be an excellent signing, but I don't think we'll get him.  Hard to see it happening.

Of all the players that have left, Cadden's the one that it's disappointing to lose.  He's going to improve a lot as a player, and would have given us a creative option out wide... but he's not irreplaceable.  Livingston certainly aren't assembling a squad you'd say is certain to win the league.

Post last night that had someone at the club saying Hugo Faria was leaving that was deleted also mentioned Andy Ryan signing.

Hope MacDonald and Stewart sign out of the players we've offered contracts that we haven't heard from yet.

Post last night that had someone at the club saying Hugo Faria was leaving that was deleted also mentioned Andy Ryan signing.

Hope MacDonald and Stewart sign out of the players we've offered contracts that we haven't heard from yet.

Who was it that posted it?

Who was it that posted it?

I saw it too, but it was taken down quickly.

I can't remember who posted it, but it was a screen shot of a conversation with someone at the club who mentioned Faria leaving and us signing Andy Ryan.

Luca would be an immense signing, as would John Rankin and Lappin, but I'd be very surprised if we signed them.

I can't remember who posted it, but it was a screen shot of a conversation with someone at the club who mentioned Faria leaving and us signing Andy Ryan.

Luca would be an immense signing, as would John Rankin and Lappin, but I'd be very surprised if we signed them.

The Rankin chat was shot down quickly.

Andy Ryan hasn't scored much seeing as he is a supposed to be a striker. Lappin might be a good signing. Seen him play for Sheff United a few years back. Its possible that we may get him as he was released the other day and may just be looking for an easy gig for a year or two. Would probably be the same for Rankin although at 32 and a central mid he might end up at a championship team

Interesting...

He'll stay there for a few years and get a better move than Airdrie.

The boy looks class.

Airdrie boy's are the classiest in Scotland. The lad will fit right in. Who wouldn't want to wear that iconic Diamond?

Other rumours is that the club have had talks with Simon Lapping and John Rankin has been offered a two year deal.

Both coming home to finish their careers?

Don't think we would be able to sign both,think it would be one only.

no chance, think both in their early 30s. Way way above our age cap. Plus they would have to take 75% wage cut.

no chance, think both in their early 30s. Way way above our age cap. Plus they would have to take 75% wage cut.

When you're 33 just been released from your club your options become a bit limited they certainly won't get what they were on previously no matter where they go.

The fact that they have been approached shows the club do have ambition.Whether any of them sign is another matter.

When you're 33 just been released from your club your options become a bit limited they certainly won't get what they were on previously no matter where they go.

The fact that they have been approached shows the club do have ambition.Whether any of them sign is another matter.

So have the club approached rankin and lappin.

One thing though...I'd be utterly astonished if we didn't offer Cadden a deal. A youngster who broke into the team and looked quite accomplished. Fits exactly into the model where meant to be promoting. 

Even if they didn't want to keep him they would have offered him a deal to ensure compensation.

Other rumours is that the club have had talks with Simon Lapping and John Rankin has been offered a two year deal.

Both coming home to finish their careers?

Don't think we would be able to sign both,think it would be one only.

If this is a wind-up, fair enough.

But if serious, really?

So Alan Lithgow and Sean Crighton don't want to stay for the full-time spin Airdrie are giving a go this season, but just released from the SPL Lappin and Rankin (who got games for St. Johnstone and Dundee United respectively this year) are going to join?

Aye, good one.

Anyway, carry on...

If this is a wind-up, fair enough.

But if serious, really?

So Alan Lithgow and Sean Crighton don't want to stay for the full-time spin Airdrie are giving a go this season, but just released from the SPL Lappin and Rankin (who got games for St. Johnstone and Dundee United respectively this year) are going to join?

Aye, good one.

Anyway, carry on...

The trick is not to get logic get in the way of a good rumour.

It's more fun that way.

Even if they didn't want to keep him they would have offered him a deal to ensure compensation.

That's sort of my point. They would have realised about the Watt situation then offered him something to ensure compo. However, if Livi are the basket case everyone thinks they are (reportedly could go under for £7200 according to an earlier story) I cant see us getting anything apart from creditor status.

Archived