Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

These signings are helpful but that's us exhausted the possibilities from the previous team. The Chairman said we'd have a squad of 16 so I estimate that he has to find 8 from elsewhere. It will be hard work and it's crucial we get some good ones.

With regard to Fitzpatrick, he's not all that bad but as pointed out on here before we must avoid him and Faria playing the same role or we'll never score again!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough but if we do make impressive signing today you are going to look stupid.

While my appearance shouldn't have anything to do with it I'm happy to accept that in the eyes of the not so stylish man about town I may look stupid most of the time.

Anyway, great news from the camp about the marquee signing promised by Coop.

Slightly less sarcastically I'm not too upset by any of the players signing. Fitz will do a job as long as he has someone alongside that can take the ball and pass it. Funnily enough that would also help the defence if there was someone in front who could be trusted in the ball and they didn't need to resort to hoofball. Stewart, MacDonald and Brown, all relatively young men should be given the opportunity to develop with the new set up.

Have to say that I thought the post from TBM re not signing Fitz was also heavily dripping with sarcasm but it seems to have been pounced upon.

Good business getting McDonald on a 2 year deal, not sure why we've giving fitzy one. Must be playing good enough wages for him to quit his job in the airport.

Happy with Stewart and brown as well, both got potential both need a good run in the team. If fitzy is staying Hugo has to go and we need a new cm.

Can't see the chairman making 8 new signings tbh, a couple of those boys might come up from the 20s, we'll find out soon enough. Finally the moaning can stop about having 3 players.

Too early to call ourselves Relegation candidates???

Slightly harsh at this early stage, but I don't think so. I said we would struggle this coming season as soon as the chairman started to outline his plans for for the new full time setup. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

Good business getting McDonald on a 2 year deal, not sure why we've giving fitzy one. Must be playing good enough wages for him to quit his job in the airport.

Happy with Stewart and brown as well, both got potential both need a good run in the team. If fitzy is staying Hugo has to go and we need a new cm.

Can't see the chairman making 8 new signings tbh, a couple of those boys might come up from the 20s, we'll find out soon enough. Finally the moaning can stop about having 3 players.

Ofcourse he will make 8 signings. There are 8 under 20's being signed on an apprenticeship contract which will supplement the squad if needed. They are not there to make up the 16.

Hoping for 4 good loan signings, can see us relying on the under 20's a lot this season.

The Squad will no doubt be very small at this rate.

8 under 20's are being signed on apprenticeship contracts to supplement the first team squad of 16 if needed, there not there to make up the 16.

With Andy Ryan coming to the club and this morning's news the squad is starting to take shape for next season. 

Yep Kingy, go on and state the obvious.

Now hopefully the rumour about Faria being punted will come true. Could just about cope with Fitzpatrick signing a 2 year deal if that's the case. Provided we bring in someone who can actually pass a ball to play with him.

I never saw enough of Brown last year to form an opinion about him, and I don't think he got enough of a crack at the whip to get a run of form going. He's still young, and full-time training may make him into a good player.
MacDonald and Stewart I'm happy to have back. Both a bit limited, but again young and will improve as full-time players.
Fitzpatrick... not so keen on. Like the others a limited player, but surely is as good as he's ever going to be. We can play either one of him and Faria, but they aren't much use when played together.

What's happened to the Irish guy (forgotten his name) who signed a pre-contract. Is the contract binding on him.?

That'll be Joe Gorman, I'm sure he's signed up now.

Archived