Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

Match highlights. A bit one-sided I'm afraid Cowden fans.

https://youtu.be/FQnxPe5BUvA

That tackle for the penalty is one of the best I've seen this season, mental that the ref saw it as a foul.

Anyway, Queens looked well worth that spot of luck. The opener coming without a single Cowden player touching the ball from kick off was a glorious finish from big Hacksaw. Cool penalty as well from the big man, shame we didn't see any of that form when he was with us.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tackle for the penalty is one of the best I've seen this season, mental that the ref saw it as a foul.

Anyway, Queens looked well worth that spot of luck. The opener coming without a single Cowden player touching the ball from kick off was a glorious finish from big Hacksaw. Cool penalty as well from the big man, shame we didn't see any of that form when he was with us.

Queens well deserved the win. However that was not a spot of luck. It was a mistake by the ref.

Queens looked very decent in the highlights and deserved more than a 2-0 win. They also have a manager who talks sense and he clearly instills a lot of confidence and belief into his side. Great finish for the first goal. Penalty given because ref felt it was a tackle from behind.

From a Cowden perspective, same old rubbish we have been forced to watch virtually all season. Defenders continually backing off, scared to put in a tackle and allowing attackers to get shots away. Midfield chaotic and non existent. Spence running about and willing but getting no service or support.

Can only see a similar outcome on Saturday. As their manager rightly said, Queens won't be phased by a narrow pitch and their players are used to playing in poor grounds. We don't deserve to stay up anyway.

Gus got this one spot on and that was probably our best Hampden performance of the season, but the tie should have been put beyond Cowden.  As it is, QP are, as always, sporting and fail to give the Blue Brazil the pasting their respective performances deserved.

It's still open, but given that we're usually better away from home, i'm confident that we can win up there too.  Duggan has definitely sorted himself out and Bradley was superb.  I'd expect loads of balls being banged skywards on Saturday into our box, which would quite suit us.

Cowden looked dangerous on the break, but had spells of the game when some of their players seemed to chuck it.  Their defence is mince.

Some bizarre refereeing decisions and how Cowden's 7 stayed on the park after barking at the ref for 90 minutes is beyond me.

No every year we have heard the football club requires people helping out and digging deeper to ensure we are sustainable and competitive at least. So f**k off you little townie p***k.

A townie coming on talking about clubs going out of business oh the irony.

:) Glorious.

Queens well deserved the win. However that was not a spot of luck. It was a mistake by the ref.

Well, it was a spot of luck in that the ref had a howler that favoured them and not Cowden.

With 3 games to go we could still go up, down or stick. It's not hard to work out.

Oh I know it's not hard to work out Alan, but with Cowdenbeath being utter dung this season, it was only ever going to be League 1 or 2, that's the point.

Well. Was he not right then? Unless league 2 wasn't one of the three leagues he was talking about. If he meant the Premiership, Series A or the J League then I agree it was poor judgement.

As I was saying to Alvin, mathematically yes, but every man and his one eyed dug could see from half way through the season, Cowden wouldn't trouble half the league so it was always going to end badly, with League 1 status being considered a success.

Don't feel quite as bad as last night but still on a downer.

However, if and only if, Cowden can get a quick goal on Saturday, however unlike that may be, we'll be in with a good chance of getting out of the mess we are in.

But please don't let Kane anywhere near the team on Saturday, even if he did score the winner against Brechin. A walking red card always likely to give away a penalty or a free kick in a dangerous position (should have been sent off in the Brechin game) and worst of all he can't pass a ball more than 12inches. Please someone let me know if he's likely to get a game on Saturday it'll save me a lot of time and money.

The sad fact is he's the only combative type midfielder Cowden have. He's the only one who can cover enough ground to put tackles in and try to stop the opposition playing. However, he is, ahem, limited in his capabilities shall we say, which is why he picks up so many yellow cards and can't pass a ball.

Watching last night's game (and confirming my opinion after seeing the highlights) I came to the conclusion that the Cowden right back Donaldson is the worst player I've ever seen at this level. Did the boy just have a really bad night, or are Cowden so limited in depth that there's no-one else to choose from?

As far as the game itself is concerned, what a privilege it was to see the perfect goal being scored with no Cowden player coming near to getting a touch..........not even the 'keeper. Cowden had a decent little spell for 5 minutes about 10 minutes later and could have equalised, but thereafter the result was never in doubt and I only hope that the failure to get the half dozen goals our play merited doesn't come back to haunt us on Saturday.

Judging by this and other Cowden threads, there's little chance of Nish turning things around, but desperate times call for desperate measures and if he does a "Leishman" and plays three up front then chaos could ensue! Let's hope he goes for the steady-steady approach to avoid losing the early goal that will kill the tie, in which case it should be an easy afternoon for us.

2-0 Didn,t flatter Queens Park at all but we have all seen our teams in games like this and you get punished for not taking you,re chances.The penalty award by the ref is horrendous and at 1-0 this tie would still be wide open.

Oh I know it's not hard to work out Alan, but with Cowdenbeath being utter dung this season, it was only ever going to be League 1 or 2, that's the point.

As I was saying to Alvin, mathematically yes, but every man and his one eyed dug could see from half way through the season, Cowden wouldn't trouble half the league so it was always going to end badly, with League 1 status being considered a success.

Half way through the season was the night we dispatched second place Ayr 4-2 after having just humped Airdrie 3-0. We were sitting in 6th a point behind stenny who we had a game in hand over and 4 behind Albion who had a game in hand over us. We were also above Airdrie with a game in hand on you. Our home form was also pretty good having lost only once so far I think.

If you thought at that point we were no threat you're kidding yourself.

Seems you've had as big a shocker tonight as we had last night.

Maybe you should check the facts before spouting cliches and making a c**t of yourself again.

Half way through the season was the night we dispatched second place Ayr 4-2 after having just humped Airdrie 3-0. We were sitting in 6th a point behind stenny who we had a game in hand over and 4 behind Albion who had a game in hand over us. We were also above Airdrie with a game in hand on you. Our home form was also pretty good having lost only once so far I think.

If you thought at that point we were no threat you're kidding yourself.

Seems you've had as big a shocker tonight as we had last night.

Maybe you should check the facts before spouting cliches and making a c**t of yourself again.

Every team had decent spells throughout the season, and most were only that......spells.

If your blue tinted goggles somehow distorted your thinking to actually believe Cowden (under Nish) would in anyway trouble the top 4 or 5 teams in this league, then it is indeed you my friend who's had a shocker, not only tonight, but over the course of a season.

Nicely chosen sample of results as well there fella, how did you do in your other 3 games against Airdrie this season?

You also conceded 7 (seven) in a league game against a Dunfermline team Airdrie took 7 points from, but it still equates to the same answer, Cowden have been absolute humpty in one of the weakest league 1's (Dunfermline aside) going.

Enjoy Montrose ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Just watched the highlights - I'm not sure how representative they were of the match but goddamn, that's one heck of a bodying from Queen's Park. They should have won that by five or six.

Two-nil is a tricky lead though and if Cowden can score early at the weekend then the whole complexion of the tie changes. It's not over yet!

Every team had decent spells throughout the season, and most were only that......spells.

If your blue tinted goggles somehow distorted your thinking to actually believe Cowden (under Nish) would in anyway trouble the top 4 or 5 teams in this league, then it is indeed you my friend who's had a shocker, not only tonight, but over the course of a season.

Nicely chosen sample of results as well there fella, how did you do in your other 3 games against Airdrie this season?

You also conceded 7 (seven) in a league game against a Dunfermline team Airdrie took 7 points from, but it still equates to the same answer, Cowden have been absolute humpty in one of the weakest league 1's (Dunfermline aside) going.

Enjoy Montrose ðŸ‘ðŸ»

I never picked the timeframe, you did. I was merely pointing out that your pish was woefully off the mark.

Let me guess, it was also obvious to you half-way through the season that 2nd bottom Stenny would finish 4th? It was also clear to you that Stenny, peterhead and Brechin wouldn't have fantastic runs after all any team only has spells.

You got tomorrow nights lottery numbers? Actually you're more likely to be sitting in a caravan telling fortunes with a paperweight masking as a crystal ball.

At that point in time we'd lost narrowly to Airdrie where an utter fluke got you back into a game we were bossing and like i said we humped you in the other game so I'm sure you could predict our demise from those two showings.

Three observations from those highlights:-

1. Are the Cowdenbeath players not aware that if you stand off players running at you at pace you'll be in trouble?

2. A few great saves from oor Grant Adam. However to be fair he looked like he was being peppered.

3. Are the Queens Park players really small or are the strips really baggy?

Three observations from those highlights:-

1. Are the Cowdenbeath players not aware that if you stand off players running at you at pace you'll be in trouble?

2. A few great saves from oor Grant Adam. However to be fair he looked like he was being peppered.

3. Are the Queens Park players really small or are the strips really baggy?

1. Unfortunately not

2. He's had his moments but has been far better for us in this spell than his last

3. Thought the same but even the monster centre half who looked about 6'8" seemed to be wearing a top longer than most girls dresses.

Archived