Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

I dont agree. one decision as bad as that referee decision was didnt cost us the game the other night or relegation. If we defended properly etc etc before that we wouldnt have conceded a penalty. Im in shock still at how bad we were. I went right over to Nish to tell him how bad it was. 

If we win 4 nil saturday and win the play off final nothing will change in my eyes that Nish is not up to the job of managing our football club.

Players are wearing the jersey who are not fit. Who are not even worth the 50-100-150 per week they are getting. With good player recruitment we can have much better players in for that money.

Never seen such a waste of a wage in donaldson/caldwell/gibbons/kane/Hughes etc etc.

I agree regarding Nish and I agree that it's not down to just the one decision (2 decisions actually as it looks like El-Zuabdi is fouled before the Kane tackle!). 

It would still be a sickener if we go down thanks to a dodgy penalty no matter how bad we have been this season. 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crapper and team plays and the more it lets the opposition attack at will the more likely you will get mistakes in the penalty area by players or refs.

When we go down on Saturday it will not be down to a clearly awful decision by that ref. All self inflicted.

The crapper and team plays and the more it lets the opposition attack at will the more likely you will get mistakes in the penalty area by players or refs.

When we go down on Saturday it will not be down to a clearly awful decision by that ref. All self inflicted.

Again not my point.  I accept we deserve to be down the bottom of the league. I accept that we should have lost to Queens Park.  I accept that we are probably getting relegated.

The fact remains though that we might be relegated thanks to a God awful penalty decision. No matter how shocking we have been this season we shouldn't just accept that penalty decision (not that there's anything we can do).

Are people missing my point entirely?  No matter how horrendous we are it wasn't a penalty and in such a big game I'm shocked there's not more being said by Cowden fans other than 'ah well. We've been shit all season".

Again not my point.  I accept we deserve to be down the bottom of the league. I accept that we should have lost to Queens Park.  I accept that we are probably getting relegated.

The fact remains though that we might be relegated thanks to a God awful penalty decision. No matter how shocking we have been this season we shouldn't just accept that penalty decision (not that there's anything we can do).

Are people missing my point entirely?  No matter how horrendous we are it wasn't a penalty and in such a big game I'm shocked there's not more being said by Cowden fans other than 'ah well. We've been shit all season".

Totally agree with this post.Cowden have been poor this season resulting in being in the playoffs.Queens Park were by far the better side on Wednesday and fully deserved their win.However these ties are played over two legs and a one goal deficit is easier to recover than two.It was a horrific call by the ref for the penalty and i cant believe some Cowden fans are not raging about it.

Totally agree with this post.Cowden have been poor this season resulting in being in the playoffs.Queens Park were by far the better side on Wednesday and fully deserved their win.However these ties are played over two legs and a one goal deficit is easier to recover than two.It was a horrific call by the ref for the penalty and i cant believe some Cowden fans are not raging about it.

I rather look at performances of my team than refs. im more raging with the players. Its obviously a bad call but if we had done this and done that and done this for the 1st goal we also would have still been in the tie.

The ref was a joke for that decision and others.. Id have liked to have even attacked the penalty area like that player in hope of a pen like that but we cant even do that.

what makes it worse is the club policy, that forbids you to play with your shirt tucked in,

It's not club policy, just a tradition that some players have adhered to over the years and some haven't. This season most of them appear to be doing it. Think the current kit man who has been a diehard all his life might have had some influence on them

Anyway, nice big cheer around 26 seconds into those highlights for our Clyde friend who missed out first time around, clearly some sound effects editing has taken place...

Even more chances than I remember

The Duggan one that hits the post. If he dummies that ball then Woods would have tapped it in....although that would have been showboating

Bradley miss first half not as awful as I thought at the time. f**k knows what the defender was doing there

The one Adam saves with his foot from Woods was a decent save as he was a bit unsighted

We were good but surely Cowden won’t be as bad tomorrow?

It's not club policy, just a tradition that some players have adhered to over the years and some haven't. This season most of them appear to be doing it. Think the current kit man who has been a diehard all his life might have had some influence on themAnyway, nice big cheer around 26 seconds into those highlights for our Clyde friend who missed out first time around, clearly some sound effects editing has taken place...Even more chances than I rememberThe Duggan one that hits the post. If he dummies that ball then Woods would have tapped it in....although that would have been showboatingBradley miss first half not as awful as I thought at the time. f**k knows what the defender was doing thereThe one Adam saves with his foot from Woods was a decent save as he was a bit unsightedWe were good but surely Cowden won’t be as bad tomorrow?

Missed the one in the second when Bradley skipped along the line and elected to flick it up rather than slide a pass. A few months ago our on-target attempts were regularly one or two so we've improved significantly over the last 6 weeks, just need to get that goal

/attempt ratio tidier. The big goalie had a good game too and was probably the best contributor for Cowdenbeath in terms of keeping the tie live.

It was an appalling decision by the referee on Wednesday but that is no excuse of our performance.

The referee is not to blame for the position we find ourselves in the players and Nish are to blame for that as those who were at the game know how lucky we are that we should have been five nil down and out of sight

For all those complaining about having one game plan,  don't panic!  apparently Nishy is planning a strategic masterstroke for Saturday by playing himself!  this should prove interesting!

You better be joking...

Possibly other Cowden fans are not raging about it as they're quite relieved to be still in the tie when it could have been 4 or 5 nil.  We've hardly set the Second Division on fire yet we totally outplayed you.  Other ref calls were unbelievable (the massive push on Duggan at the end where Cowden got the foul for starters).  You've had 36 games to get it right; that ain't happened obviously.

Possibly other Cowden fans are not raging about it as they're quite relieved to be still in the tie when it could have been 4 or 5 nil. We've hardly set the Second Division on fire yet we totally outplayed you. Other ref calls were unbelievable (the massive push on Duggan at the end where Cowden got the foul for starters). You've had 36 games to get it right; that ain't happened obviously.

Duggan was giving as good as he got and i thought the ref called that correctly.

Lets assume for a minute that he didn't though and it was a bad call by the ref. Would you swap the calls you got for the ones you didn't. I'm guessing not so you have a bit of a brass neck moaning about the ref.

No point in raging about a decision which was given. It looks like a nice clean tackle to me but the ref saw it as a tackle from behind and gave a pen. Some decisions go for you and some against. Think we have more to worry about than a dodgy penalty.

Went to the ForfarvDunfermline playoff game a few seasons back. Forfar were great that night, won 3-1 going on seven or eight.

Thought there was no way back for Dunfermline after Forfar scored first at EEP. Then Forfar crumbled.

It isn't over yet, we have to hope. Anything can happen in fitba.

Went to the ForfarvDunfermline playoff game a few seasons back. Forfar were great that night, won 3-1 going on seven or eight.

Thought there was no way back for Dunfermline after Forfar scored first at EEP. Then Forfar crumbled.

It isn't over yet, we have to hope. Anything can happen in fitba.

I love your optimism. I actually think we will win the game tomorrow. My gut is that we will fall just short or be 2 up with 2 mins to go and lose a goal or something like that. Im going 2-1 cowden win tomorrow. Nish with both.....

Duggan was giving as good as he got and i thought the ref called that correctly.

Lets assume for a minute that he didn't though and it was a bad call by the ref. Would you swap the calls you got for the ones you didn't. I'm guessing not so you have a bit of a brass neck moaning about the ref.

Let's assume we had put any 3 of the excellent chances we missed in the net. Would you still be moaning about the ref after 2 days? Your team got off lightly this week. There's a high probability that the 'penalty' event won't repeat itself on Saturday. I think there's also a high probability you'll be passed off the park again.

Archived