Albion Rovers FC: Season 2016 - 2017

It's not been kept a secret about the budget being cut the board have made it clear for a few months it was happening. Also was the worst kept secret at cliftonhill that young would be moving on just surprised to seeits only to east fife. Also I'm pleasantly surprised myself about the signings

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yip, Armand - have been thinking much the same myself. There was a breakdown between Young and the playing staff, I believe - evident on the pitch for the final third of the season. I'd guess - no inside information, mind - that the Board felt he wasn't earning his salary.

Unless the plan is to have a group of experienced players on good wages and the rest of the squad (under 20's) on buttons. Not the best idea if you ask me but it could be a possibility

10 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Yip, Armand - have been thinking much the same myself. There was a breakdown between Young and the playing staff, I believe - evident on the pitch for the final third of the season. I'd guess - no inside information, mind - that the Board felt he wasn't earning his salary.

£24K is an awful lot for a part time manager - three wins in the last 17 was simply not good enough. It all fell apart for DY around the time of the Celtic cup tie.

11 hours ago, brechincity said:

Keep Trouts fit and you've got yourselves a steal

Do we know that he's a steal? As people have said (and as I think might be the case) we could be spending big on a few players with a squad of mostly youngsters playing around them.

As long as one out of the two Trouten and Holmes is fit for any given game, with Fisher and Davidson on the park with them, we'll have a very capable midfield (something we often lacked last year).

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We shall be providing the high profile opposition for Alan Reid's testimonial. Lucky him.

Clicky

Been a wee while since we played at Cliftonhill, and I'll be full of pre-season optimism, so I'm looking forward to it.

Where is the Dumbarton Football Stadium?

On 7 June 2017 at 18:44, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

I was actually a bit worried about your lot. The Dunlop's, Longworth and Blockley won't come cheap.

Reported to the Apostrophe Police.

14 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Where is the Dumbarton Football Stadium?

It's the artist otherwise known as the Strathclyde Homes/Bet Butler/Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium. Our deal with Cheaper Insurance Direct expired a few weeks ago, and so the stadium has reverted to its Sunday name.

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's the artist otherwise known as the Strathclyde Homes/Bet Butler/Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium. Our deal with Cheaper Insurance Direct expired a few weeks ago, and so the stadium has reverted to its Sunday name.

Ah - the D L Cameron, down at West Bowling?

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The very one. Iirc we renamed it the DL Cameron before a game against you lot. We won 1-0 and Chris Fahey was your 'keeper that day.

Correct. I was there. Another Rovers poster on here showed me and one of the Bold Jnrs how to get into the bar, posing as home fans, but getting to the away section before kick off. It felt like an anarchic adventure.

25 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Correct. I was there. Another Rovers poster on here showed me and one of the Bold Jnrs how to get into the bar, posing as home fans, but getting to the away section before kick off. It felt like an anarchic adventure.

In my defence, I was led astray by Dumbarton fans; they even got me drunk, the bad men that they are!

@Casey@Sonsrock@microdave

In my defence, I was led astray by Dumbarton fans; they even got me drunk, the bad men that they are!

[mention=1479]Casey[/mention][mention=4013]Sonsrock[/mention][mention=6034]microdave[/mention]

Rumour has it that it took 5 of them to force the alcohol down your neck. I believe you put up a valiant fight sir!

Archived