Berwick Rangers 2016/17

2 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

Bev too, although the Midfield looks worryingly light.

Mackie Hamilton and Mckinlay can all play midfield, though maybe all favour one side or another. Centre-mid could certainly do with some help. Hope the signings aren't over yet.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Red Mist said:

I thought the commercial stuff is within the remit of director Graham Bell, who was brought on to the board to improve income and the club's commercial activities?

All a bit quiet on that front so far, though great job from Dale on the Newcastle Airport deal.

What is the deal with the airport? What is it worth? Free flights to Magaluf for end of season do?

Good test v a strong-looking Gateshead team tonight. McKenna & McKinlay out according to the OWS, so Mackie making his home debut on the left.

Gateshead are full-time, fifth tier, so interesting to see how we stack up against an outfit from that level.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

That's something you may have to get use to.

^

Seething McKinlay has (rightly) labelled us a bigger club within 3 weeks of joining and after 0 competitive games.

Cough says we're going more attacking tonight. Expect that at some points we'll see Sheerin/Lav, Lav/Thompson and Thompson/Sheerin, though going off some of Cough's comments I think he may see Thomson as more of a central midfield option (which may be welcome, especially if Lavery and Sheerin strike up a bond).

Heading up on the train and looking forward to seeing us for the first time. Hopefully it's a competitive game.

When was the last time we had three 'keepers in a squad? Give it up.

Loan him to Tranent or something and get a keeper in who doesn't treat a cross like a fuckin bomb.

I don't think 'fans' who try arrange for our flag to be binned are entitled to comment. Give it up

Thought we were gonna leave the flag patter in 15/16, turns out I was wrong.

Only place its been left is an Edinburgh pub.

Loan him to Tranent or something and get a keeper in who doesn't treat a cross like a fuckin bomb.

We managed to get rid of Blair, at least let Cough deal with one problem at a time. I for one am happy with his order of priorities.

We managed to get rid of Blair, at least let Cough deal with one problem at a time. I for one am happy with his order of priorities.

I for one don't care for your awful attempt at humour. I'm simply concerned that a weak link in the team doesn't seem to be have addressed, certainly on the evidence of two of tonight's goals and one bizarre attempt at a save when it hit the bar.

I don't want to drag it on, but there needs to be a vast improvement in performance or Coughlin will have to be looking elsewhere.

To be Fair , I wouldn't say that's top of the priority list .

Look at the comings at Arbroath , Cowden, Forfar, Clyde etc. Can you compare us to any of their transfer activity ? I certainly can't. We are short all over the park apart from our ten defenders which make up the majority of our team. Sheerin won't have as many goals as Shhhenderson, so where do the goals Come from ? If we are leaky in goal which appears to be the case  then we will concede goals , and we need to score more. Sheerin will get a fair share , but not enough to get us into the playoff , or even top 7/8. At least five teams are miles ahead of the rest of us in this league, goalkeeper is not top priority in my opinion!

Archived