Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

Being badly let down by these signings.

I understand he has most likely been brought in to flesh out the squad however I have a few problems with that:

1. We NEED a centre back who is first team material, not one to fill in when others are injured.

2. We have brought a guy in as a cover player who is regularly injured, surely the bare minimum a squad players should bring to the table is the fact he is always available.

Seems like we have well and truly settled for 3rd/2nd place, there’s always talk of "giving it a good go" from the manager/board but we are not seeing any evidence.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This summer's Paul Quinn signing is this one. Hope Callum Morris is less of a crock and positionally more aware than Quinn.

Very, very meh. Not greatly inspiring stuff all in so far this summer. It's clear the team needs a bit of a reboot.

PS, Flood going for me is a good thing. With the greatest of respect to Willo, while he as exactly what we needed in Del's first season, if we are going to consistently challenge, we need better in the middle of the park. Willo is a top 6 player but that's about his limit.

Well that is a slap in the face for Danny Rodgers

Watched your play-off games and thought he looked very poor at cross balls and not ready for us yet. I think maybe best to go out at loan with you guys again to hopefully be ready for next season.  

Don't understand Rogers not getting a chance like. Had great season at Falkirk, got goalkeeper of the year also in championship. Then you go sign two goalkeepers. Strange one, thought they'd keep him over signing Alexander.

Being better than Wes Foderingham and Mark Oxley doesn't necessarily mean you're ready to start every week for the second best team in the country. Rogers has pulled off a few wonder saves in the TV games but I'm not totally convinced by him overall. 

Don't understand Rogers not getting a chance like. Had great season at Falkirk, got goalkeeper of the year also in championship. Then you go sign two goalkeepers. Strange one, thought they'd keep him over signing Alexander.

Young lad should be playing every week not sitting on the bench. If we weren't confident in him starting the season as no.1 it's better for him to go elsewhere like last year. Alexander is a perfect backup.

Aye, I'd second that. Two seasons in a row he's been the best 'keeper in the Championship, yet the Dons seem determined to play anybody but him.

In case any of you haven't realised Joe Lewis played outfield for England U21s once a few years ago  :lol: He was a fantastic 'keeper at Peterborough, but unlike most 'keepers the older he's got the more his form has dipped. I'd imagine he'll be decent enough in this league, but he's certainly nowhere near the player most people thought he would be a few years back.

Joe_Lewis_280x390_821939a.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/pearce-plays-keeper-up-front-as-u21s-stroll-1700280.html

Feel free to send Danny back our way btw

Aye, I'd second that. Two seasons in a row he's been the best 'keeper in the Championship, yet the Dons seem determined to play anybody but him.

In case any of you haven't realised Joe Lewis played outfield for England U21s once a few years ago :lol: He was a fantastic 'keeper at Peterborough, but unlike most 'keepers the older he's got the more his form has dipped. I'd imagine he'll be decent enough in this league, but he's certainly nowhere near the player most people thought he would be a few years back.

Joe_Lewis_280x390_821939a.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/pearce-plays-keeper-up-front-as-u21s-stroll-1700280.html

Feel free to send Danny back our way btw

Considering the step up in quality I can understand why they are hesitant to have him as number one.

What positions need to be filled? Where are your weaknesses?

We would have hoped for keeper, centre half and defensive mid as first XI signings and a couple to pad out the fact our squad was too small.

Morris, Stockley, Storey (potential to be better than I'm crediting here) and Alexander successfully pad out the squad

Lewis comes in as first pick keeper

so ideally we'd like a first pick centre half and a first pick defensive mid.

Unlikely we are getting that centre half now that Morris has joined and certainly initally it looks like it'll still be Taylor/Reynolds

We would have hoped for keeper, centre half and defensive mid as first XI signings and a couple to pad out the fact our squad was too small.

Morris, Stockley, Storey (potential to be better than I'm crediting here) and Alexander successfully pad out the squad

Lewis comes in as first pick keeper

so ideally we'd like a first pick centre half and a first pick defensive mid.

Unlikely we are getting that centre half now that Morris has joined and certainly initally it looks like it'll still be Taylor/Reynolds

Does your squad need such a 'root and branch' change?

both our keeper were shite so binning them both and taking in Lewis and Alexander is a no brainer.

perhaps the centre half problems can be put down to form.

The team has outgrown Flood and a replacement for him would be good if we want to improve

Archived