Summer Transfer Window

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only eleven starts with one goal to his name from the right back berth, you can hardly describe that as a fair crack at the whip.

He came in as cover for Ryan Williamson (broken leg) but fell out of favour after a horrific display against Airdrie on BBC Alba. AJ immediately went out and signed Craig Reid to replace him.

He came in as cover for Ryan Williamson (broken leg) but fell out of favour after a horrific display against Airdrie on BBC Alba. AJ immediately went out and signed Craig Reid to replace him.

He's only a kid and I'm convinced he's going to make an impact down south and get a decent move to a bigger club. You guys never seen the best of him. He's my mate so I'm slightly biased. :)

He's only a kid and I'm convinced he's going to make an impact down south and get a decent move to a bigger club. You guys never seen the best of him. He's my mate so I'm slightly biased. :)

Good on you for supporting him. Don't think there's any problem with his fitness, pace or ability - he just seemed a bit raw for the first team. I know that awareness and composure can come when players have more experience but AJ will probably want a more experienced player to compete with Ryan Williamson at RB. 

We've signed James Berry and Ryan Stevenson from the Fife Elite Football academy. Wouldn't have posted this in here but seeing as you've included the guy the pars signed from the football academy, thought may as well add them..

Aye I'll stick them in as well.

Dumbarton sign Andy Stirling from Stranraer

Interesting, showed some real skill in his seasons at Stranraer either side of a terrible season at Dunfermline albeit was the season everyone was crap.

Interesting, showed some real skill in his seasons at Stranraer either side of a terrible season at Dunfermline albeit was the season everyone was crap.

Agreed - all our players looked terrible last year so unfair to single out Andy Stirling. Beyond looking remarkably like Matt Damon in Team America I can't think of anything noteworthy about him.

:lol:

I can't disagree with you. I'm a lone voice though - most Pars fans love him. His movement and pace last season was terrific. It's just the ability to repeatedly miss the unmissable that gets on my wick a bit.

Personally think Dunfermline need to bring in a couple big players if they're to challenge for the play offs. I reckon you'll lose one or two players from the title winning squad, plus I feel like you have one too many journeymen in the squad..

Archived