Election Night

How many seats do you think the SNP would lose if they dropped any plans for an indy referendum?.........

The answer is.... a lot. But just for a laugh why don't you give us your opinion on the matter?........

Who said they they will drop plans for indy?? Go re read what i replied too

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many seats do you think the SNP would lose if they dropped any plans for an indy referendum?.........

The answer is.... a lot. But just for a laugh why don't you give us your opinion on the matter?........

When I saw The Pundit had posted, 4 days after the election, I was expecting a prediction & the odds. Fuckwit.

Who said they they will drop plans for indy?? Go re read what i replied too

No one.

Just seems laughable though that Yes voters are saying the only reason people voted for the Tories was because of Unionism when a large chunk of SNP voters vote for them for one reason and one reason only.

There's an element of hypocrisy there, no?....

No one.

Just seems laughable though that Yes voters are saying the only reason people voted for the Tories was because of Unionism when a large chunk of SNP voters vote for them for one reason and one reason only.

What are you babbling about ?You have taken this off on a tangent because you made a arse of it ffs

No one.

No. There would only be hypocrisy if people were criticising the party for receiving votes because they bear the Union Jack more highly and visibly than any other party but simultaneously saying it's ok for folk to vote for the SNP because they do the same with the saltire.

Interesting that you think its Nicola that has to keep the indy ref question going.Ill take odds that Ruthie will mention it more because thats her total playbook ;)

Fmqs will be an absolute hoot if she mentions anything about education/health,Nicola will bater her on it

Not sure what bater means, but the Scottish Government's recent record on Healthcare spending and falling literacy and numeracy rates in schools are fair game for the opposition.

Should Nicola choose to take the argument 'down south', which is what I think you are alluding to, she is clearly avoiding the question. Think people will get fed up with that whataboutary tactic pretty quickly.

Not sure what bater means, but the Scottish Government's recent record on Healthcare spending and falling literacy and numeracy rates in schools are fair game for the opposition.

Should Nicola choose to take the argument 'down south', which is what I think you are alluding to, she is clearly avoiding the question. Think people will get fed up with that whataboutary tactic pretty quickly.

Would that be the opposition who are engaged in an absolute shambles of a negotiation with junior doctors and who are backtracking like mad over turning all English and Welsh schools into academies? I'm afraid it isn't whataboutery. You wanted a UK Tory party in opposition, you got it. You can't pretend Scotland is an independent country with a separate Conservative party when it suits you. If Ruth wants to go on the attack on education and health, she needs to own her own party's ongoing actions and errors in those areas. I doubt Sturgeon is going to pretend she won the referendum so we can all ignore what the actual winners are up to. Ruth made her bed and decorated it in Union Jack duvet covers - now she has to lie in it. #OneNationConservatives are Scotland's opposition, and their record gives them very little room for criticism. Delicious.

No one.

This! Of course there is!

They have a huge support from the the section of the electorate who want one thing and one thing only, irrespective of their performance and record in Government. Independence is everything, the end game is all that matters. If Unionists do exactly the same and go for the party that is most likely to shore up support to remain in the UK, what's the problem!? It's a decision based on exactly the same premise.

Would that be the opposition who are engaged in an absolute shambles of a negotiation with junior doctors and who are backtracking like mad over turning all English and Welsh schools into academies? I'm afraid it isn't whataboutery. You wanted a UK Tory party in opposition, you got it. You can't pretend Scotland is an independent country with a separate Conservative party when it suits you. If Ruth wants to go on the attack on education and health, she needs to own her own party's ongoing actions and errors in those areas. I doubt Sturgeon is going to pretend she won the referendum so we can all ignore what the actual winners are up to. Ruth made her bed and decorated it in Union Jack duvet covers - now she has to lie in it. #OneNationConservatives are Scotland's opposition, and their record gives them very little room for criticism. Delicious.

Summed up nicely.Ruth dodged anything describing herself as a tory in the campaign that will soon stop

In the same way that you can't acknowledge that the Scottish Government has complete autonomy on the provision of health and education services, but then pretend it is still shackled to Westminster, it isn't.

Pointing at the junior doctor dispute and plans for School Academies in England, has no bearing on Scotland whatsoever.

It doesn't score you anything at all whether you are agreement with the way they run things down south or not, it's pointless!

This! Of course there is!

They have a huge support from the the section of the electorate who want one thing and one thing only, irrespective of their performance and record in Government. Independence is everything, the end game is all that matters. If Unionists do exactly the same and go for the party that is most likely to shore up support to remain in the UK, what's the problem!? It's a decision based on exactly the same premise.

Maybe your schools should have taught you what "hypocrisy" means rather than spending so much time drumming the national anthem into you.

Interesting to note that you admit you "want one thing and one thing only": to deny Scotland statehood "irrespective" of the policies or record of the party you think is best placed to oppose it. As an SNP voter who also supports independence, I actually wouldn't vote for them if they were a right wing nationalist party. As it is, they're the only serious left wing force in Scottish politics, so unlike you I don't have to whore my vote to them based on the flag they wave.

In the same way that you can't acknowledge that the Scottish Government has complete autonomy on the provision of health and education services, but then pretend it is still shackled to Westminster, it isn't.

Pointing at the junior doctor dispute and plans for School Academies in England, has no bearing on Scotland whatsoever.

It doesn't score you anything at all whether you are agreement with the way they run things down south or not, it's pointless!

Where have I claimed any of this? You made it up, didn't you, Tory Boy?

I'm afraid it isn't pointless. We're "one nation". The Tories in opposition have to sell themselves as an alternative credible government to the SNP. Thus the way they are currently running the things down south they want to run up here is entirely relevant. You really aren't getting this "one nation conservative" thing, are you? I'll give you a hint: you voted for it.

This whole "devolution" idea you haven't quite grasped allows devolved regions to make their own choice of who runs certain things. But the regionalist parties (whom we've just rejected) are branch offices and accounting units of UK parties. Can you understand the difference between the electorate having the choice of "doing things differently" from the rUK in devolved areas by not voting for who's in charge in Westminster, and the parties they have to choose from doing things differently from what's going on in Westminster (the Tories don't want to - the SNP do!)?

Where have I claimed any of this? You made it up, didn't you, Tory Boy?

I'm afraid it isn't pointless. We're "one nation". The Tories in opposition have to sell themselves as an alternative credible government to the SNP. Thus the way they are currently running the things down south they want to run up here is entirely relevant. You really aren't getting this "one nation conservative" thing, are you? I'll give you a hint: you voted for it.

This whole "devolution" idea you haven't quite grasped allows devolved regions to make their own choice of who runs certain things. But the regionalist parties (whom we've just rejected) are branch offices and accounting units of UK parties. Can you understand the difference between the electorate having the choice of "doing things differently" from the rUK in devolved areas by not voting for who's in charge in Westminster, and the parties they have to choose from doing things differently from what's going on in Westminster (the Tories don't want to - the SNP do!)?

You remind me of an old couple tutting over the back fence at the state of the neighbours garden whilst the grass and weeds grow around your feet. It doesn't concern you too much though whilst you stand and point at the filthy washing the wifey next door has hung out. After another bout of tutting and condemnation you turn round to see your garden with the stalks knee high, a rusty old bike and a bedstead, a burst sofa and someone's tethered a pony up. You look at each other and say 'how on earth did that happen'?

You remind me of an old couple tutting over the back fence at the state of the neighbours garden whilst the grass and weeds grow around your feet. It doesn't concern you too much though whilst you stand and point at the filthy washing the wifey next door has hung out. After another bout of tutting and condemnation you turn round to see your garden with the stalks knee high, a rusty old bike and a bedstead, a burst sofa and someone's tethered a pony up. You look at each other and say 'how on earth did that happen'?

^Head's well and truly gone. What the f**k did I just read? 😂

^Head's well and truly gone. What the f**k did I just read?

After the Unioinists won in the referendum they were losing the plot left right and centre. After a perceived good result for the Tories it is happening all over again.

Archived