Clyde vs QP/QP vs Clyde - Play off Final

Very harsh - name me a Clyde player who tried harder today and I'll gladly book you an appointment with Specsavers. I can only hope he reads posts like this and decides to move somewhere he'll at least be appreciated for his effort and not lambasted for his manager's tactical ineptitude. Is Cannibal's opinion shared by his peers?

He too often is more concerned with the man than the ball. Ok maybe I was harsh there - he is no more deserving of my vitriol than any other player. Just disappointed by the whole thing.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Gemmells debut Chris Smith played in a cross from deep and he bulleted it home. From that point it was clear his strength is balls into the box for him to attack towards goal not pumping high balls to him when he has his back to goal 30 yards out and nobody can anticipate his flick ons.

Agreed. far too harsh on Gemmell earlier. it is a joke that we have a guy whose job it is to win the ball and flick it on yet have no one in the team or even the squad making runs. it is blatantly obvious to us all. can barely recall a clyde forward this season facing the opposition goal with the ball.

Plenty of effort throughout the team today but, as Barry said on the radio, a lack of quality - can't complain with that assessment, and sadly big Gemmell had the poorest game of his short spell at Clyde earlier on. He goes with my best wishes; would've liked to see how he'd do in a better, more mobile team. We played the ball along the deck prior to the sending off much more than we typically have this season, but failed to make it stick up front due to poor performances from the front two. Unfortunately Linton, the creative spark for much of the campaign, had two of his worst games in the final. He looked knackered today. Nevertheless, we gave them a tough time and that's all I wanted from today - a dreadful second half on Tuesday ultimately did the damage, and it was fitting that Galt's one in a thousand wonderstrike was ultimately what won the tie, and promotion. A goal worthy of such accolades, and I congratulate QP on their promotion. Deserved it over two legs, and a QP poster called it last week; three 1-0 reverses in three weeks which have been cause for celebration. Just a shame we decided to end the Hampden hoodoo in such pointless fashion - I genuinely believe we Clyde fans would be sitting here toasting promotion had we done the same thing three weeks back!

I think that unless QP can somehow hold onto the spine of their team and either retain or replace Duggan, they'll toil really badly next season and come straight back down. The only bonus for them is that they (at least for now) have a streetwise manager who has a track record of grinding out results; I can't see it being particularly pretty for you lot next year.

As for us, who knows - Stirling and particularly Arbroath appear to be putting good squads together early on, with Forfar making/linked with a few good signings. Getting the right balance between youth, experience, physicality and pace/mobility, as well as the presence or otherwise of a goalscorer, will ultimately define how we do. Hopefully the squad improves again this summer and we can go one better next year. We can but hope.

Ugly as f**k, but that's ok.

Definitely the better side with lots of possession.

Clyde were a bit of a mob. We weren't.

More beer.

you weren't very good at all. except at timewasting. enjoy your night and well done though. you deserved to beat us.

Very harsh - name me a Clyde player who tried harder today and I'll gladly book you an appointment with Specsavers. I can only hope he reads posts like this and decides to move somewhere he'll at least be appreciated for his effort and not lambasted for his manager's tactical ineptitude. Is Cannibal's opinion shared by his peers?

Came on to say the same, he was a stand out today, no idea what game Cannibal was watching.

He too often is more concerned with the man than the ball. Ok maybe I was harsh there - he is no more deserving of my vitriol than any other player. Just disappointed by the whole thing.

Good man...........personally he would have escaped my criticism because of the amount of effort he put in today, as did Linton - another I'd be happy to see in a QP top. At this level, an occasional bad game can be forgiven, a lack of ability tolerated, but a lack of effort is inexcusable, whereas extra effort should be applauded, and for those of your fans who stayed behind at the final whistle (less than half by the way) you would have seen some of our players making an otherwise unnecessary 30 yard walk to try to console a clearly distraught Gemmell - purely out of respect and recognition for someone who had given his all. There's no fan club at Hampden for Gemmell, but we recognised how much defeat hurt him today, which is why I felt the criticism was unwarranted when he was hurting as much as you Cannibal.

Incidentally, if the conversations that took place between one of your coaching staff and Bolo are anything to go by, he won't be a Clyde player for much longer. Whether deserved or not, such things should take place within the confines of your dressing room and won't have helped your team's morale in the remainder of the game either.

Like I said on Wednesday,

Only as a Spiders fan can you celebrate 3 Saturday defeats in a row

0 - 1 Annan (entry to Play-offs)

0 - 1 Cowdenbeath (entry to Play-off Final)

0 - 1 Clyde ( ENTRY TO LEAGUE 1)

Yippeee

Plenty of effort throughout the team today but, as Barry said on the radio, a lack of quality - can't complain with that assessment, and sadly big Gemmell had the poorest game of his short spell at Clyde earlier on. He goes with my best wishes; would've liked to see how he'd do in a better, more mobile team. We played the ball along the deck prior to the sending off much more than we typically have this season, but failed to make it stick up front due to poor performances from the front two. Unfortunately Linton, the creative spark for much of the campaign, had two of his worst games in the final. He looked knackered today. Nevertheless, we gave them a tough time and that's all I wanted from today - a dreadful second half on Tuesday ultimately did the damage, and it was fitting that Galt's one in a thousand wonderstrike was ultimately what won the tie, and promotion. A goal worthy of such accolades, and I congratulate QP on their promotion. Deserved it over two legs, and a QP poster called it last week; three 1-0 reverses in three weeks which have been cause for celebration. Just a shame we decided to end the Hampden hoodoo in such pointless fashion - I genuinely believe we Clyde fans would be sitting here toasting promotion had we done the same thing three weeks back!

I think that unless QP can somehow hold onto the spine of their team and either retain or replace Duggan, they'll toil really badly next season and come straight back down. The only bonus for them is that they (at least for now) have a streetwise manager who has a track record of grinding out results; I can't see it being particularly pretty for you lot next year.

As for us, who knows - Stirling and particularly Arbroath appear to be putting good squads together early on, with Forfar making/linked with a few good signings. Getting the right balance between youth, experience, physicality and pace/mobility, as well as the presence or otherwise of a goalscorer, will ultimately define how we do. Hopefully the squad improves again this summer and we can go one better next year. We can but hope.

You and I have crossed swords in the past TBW (aka the wind-up king) but that's a very accurate and generous summation. Keep that up and if we do end up in the same league in just over a year's time then against all my better judgement I might even have to offer to buy you a pre-match drink (a step too far, I know)  :yucky 

Some very harsh criticism of Gemmell on here.

I have great respect for a player that gives opposition problems, in my opinion he has been a thorn in Queens side for years, irrespective of how the other team plays he always appears to give his all against us.

Notice also despite the abuse Clyde fans have given him, he is always over applauding his teams supporters at the end of a match and is usually the last one to go into the dressing room.

Wears his heart on his sleeve.

Personally would like to see him in a spiders shirt again, with our ability to get down the wings, think he would score a barrel load when attacking a ball cut back in from the touchline or whipped in early from the sideline.

Came on to say the same, he was a stand out today, no idea what game Cannibal was watching.

i have already qualified my statement, Adam. I don't like to edit or delete posts for content. I was pissed off and just wanted us to win. I don't think he had a good game but I was wrong to question his commitment (if I even did)

i have already qualified my statement, Adam. I don't like to edit or delete posts for content. I was pissed off and just wanted us to win. I don't think he had a good game but I was wrong to question his commitment (if I even did)

Apologies, only saw your further posts after making my post.

I do disagree however that he didn't have a good game, I felt that given the service he received, he couldn't have done any better.

Still raw, don't think I've ever been this disappointed in over 20 years following Clyde.

Had a chance to come to terms with today's outcome and tbh congratulations QP enjoy your night lads. Despite all the arguing we do theres no arguing QP deserved it over the two legs. The third on Tuesday was outstanding. We simply didn't do enough, didn't show enough to deserve to go up really.

Oh well onwards and upwards we will wave on the way past next season ;)

Apologies, only saw your further posts after making my post.

I do disagree however that he didn't have a good game, I felt that given the service he received, he couldn't have done any better.

Still raw, don't think I've ever been this disappointed in over 20 years following Clyde.

No bother. We have been really poor and didn't deserve to go up but being close and not making it is tough. We'll be back though and pass those clowns next season when they come back down.

Just in after a few beers. Firstly, congratulations to QP who deserved the win over the 2 legs. And all the best next season.

Game itself was very poor. Thought we controlled it for most of the first half (after the first 5-10 mins) but created very little apart from the penalty (which was a stonewaller). Second half was a non event but QP had much the better of the limited opportunities.

Lastly, and it's really not sour grapes as I accept that QP deserve to be promoted, I thought that the antics of the ball boys was distasteful and frankly not befitting of any league club. It was so obvious that they had been briefed to waste as much time as possible. Pretty poor show from QP in that regard.

Lastly, and it's really not sour grapes as I accept that QP deserve to be promoted, I thought that the antics of the ball boys was distasteful and frankly not befitting of any league club. It was so obvious that they had been briefed to waste as much time as possible. Pretty poor show from QP in that regard.

One was openly boasting about it too. post-6361-14632563478027_thumb.jpg

Archived