Clyde vs QP/QP vs Clyde - Play off Final

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went along to this as a neutral and sat with Queen's Park fans, a good bunch of lads!

How queens lost the game amazes me, played good football, created numerous changes, it would have been a travesty if Clyde had gone up. Long ball, bully boy tactics didn't win on the day.

Only down side was the length of time if took for the ball boys to get the ball back, surely the multi ball system should have been in play!!

Good atmosphere created by both sets of fans, from that display queens will have a fighting chance of staying up. Their football deserved promotion.

Well done QP and credit to Gus for getting us promotion. Great turn out from both sets of supporters over the two games. Expected Clyde to really go for it at Hampden but it never really happened. The stats show Queens had more possession/ shots/ corners in both games so no doubt we deserved it in the end. 

I can imagine how it must feel for the Clyde fans as I would have been gutted if things had turned out the other way round. Fair play to Bazza as he is starting to show signs of getting it right and credit to the club for sticking with him when things looked dodgy earlier in the season. Reckon Clyde will be favourites for the title next season. 

I think QP will have a good chance of staying up, Gus is the perfect coach to grind out results and hopefully we can be mid table.

To be honest I am glad the season is over. Ended on an amazing high but stress level too much. Enjoy the break 

We lose out on promotion and i end up getting drunk and booking Jersey away for pre season. Doesn't matter, new season, new optimism is upon us. As much as they do my tits in I'll still be there.

No idea how Queens Park will do next season but at least they've a manager who knows what he's doing. Few players trying to slink off without so much as a f**k you really got to me. I'll (illegally) drive you out of b*****ding Cumbernauld. The support today was excellent and at this level, if you can't recognise it then I'm sorry but I'll gladly never see them pull on the jersey again. They'll claim they were hurting, how the f**k do they think we felt?

I ok I will bite this congratulations well done queens park 😂 parasites who have lived off Scottish football for years under the disguise of an amateur club😂 what you saw today from the away team was a real support Vocal sticking with the team right to end GIRUY ðŸ‘

GIRFUY !

We win 4 of our last 5 games scoring 10 and conceding 5 queen's park win 2 of their last 5

Scoring 5 goals and conceding 3 as somebody said funny old game football

The biggest let down of the day was the price list at the kiosk. £5.50 for a burger and £2 for a packet of crisps :lol:

Come on give them a break must cost a fortune to run an amateur club

Firstly, congratulations to QP on promotion. A good combination of flair and experience both on and off the park.

As previously stated, we gave it a go but just didn't have enough in the tank. Unfortunately, we couldn't utilise our strengths up top due to not focusing enough on exposing the wings. However, I do think that's down to a lack of quality and lack of adaptation/experimentation within the squad.

As has been witnessed on the 'bigger' occasions this season, unfortunately the players appear crippled by fear when it comes to taking a potentially match winning risk. Which is sad to see as a few teams have been us this year simply down to moments such as that (a few QP ones pop into mind).

I agree we now need fresher and younger legs in the squad. However, I firmly believe trying to achieve promotion next year will be significantly harder than this year especially if we remain that bit too inconsistent.

A change of mentality is needed and that comes down to the management team implementing this and also the management team changing and adapting their own mentality in the process.

We've made progress this campaign and just came up short. A huge well done to the players and the club and let's hope some tweaking on the pitch can propel us that bit further next season.

Archived