The Partick Thistle thread

:lol:

Apparently United are wanting to dish out fees to get Lawless and Irvine from County. Think after that one win they've forgotten where they are and where they're likely to be next season. Should give both players a good laugh at least.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

Wasn't Driver poor when he was at Aberdeen?

Yeah he didn't get a new contract and only played once. He then moved to Dutch league and has had an ok season. But is looking for a return. I think Jags may fit him. We are looking for a player just like him.

Archie would work him back to his best! ;-)

The only reason Lawless would go to United is for more money as it's going to be almost (but not quite) an impossible ask for them to stay up. Even if they got out of bottom spot they'd probably lose against Sevco or Hibs in play-off, as they are just better teams.

To be honest, there are pros and cons, but to me it doesn't really matter if we take Erskine for Lawless as Lawless hasn't played well for several weeks. He looks tired. He's a player who has done well for us but isn't the same lynch pin that Osman, Dools or Bannigan is for us. In some ways I think taking Erskine early makes sense as he can settle in well for next season and get back playing regularly. He also enjoys playing with Doolan.

Remember we also have Elliott coming back, who can play as a wide midfielder / winger. He enjoys getting forward and some of his best games are in that more forward role, plus he is better defensively. Ryan Edwards can also I am sure play in a wider position if required as i think he'll find it hard to play as a central midfielder from the start. He may need to adapt a little to get more playing time.

The only other point I would make is we couldn't let go of Lawless and Bannigan this January. Just one or other, but if I had a choice and had to let one go. I'd choose to let Lawless jump ship. Ideally if Archie has a couple of players coming in that may then make it easier to let Lawless go for 50K or so, If Arabs are touting some fee for him.

I think the ball is in Archie's court which is a good thing. The priority for me is getting Osman signed up and getting some more help in for Doolan up front as Pogba has been below average.