The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The handsome Belgian was on some wedge. with us 

Was he even that much better than Seabourne?

Statistically yes. A pairing involving Frans consistently conceded fewer goals per game than any pairing involving Seaborne

We’ll see if Freddie loves the Jags as much as he says he does now, because I’d guess County will be giving him a far better offer here - maybe similar up front cash but chucking his accommodation in on top.

Would really like the big man back, though. He should stroll this level.

Just now, Nightmare said:

We’ll see if Freddie loves the Jags as much as he says he does now, because I’d guess County will be giving him a far better offer here - maybe similar up front cash but chucking his accommodation in on top.

Would really like the big man back, though. He should stroll this level.

The club might fold if he cancels his Jagszone subscription

He must of been near the top of our pay scale back when he was with us. We probably helped with accommodation costs as well.

Not sure we'd be in a position to pay for both?

Also not sure if his missus would be happy moving after just having a wean?

On the other hand he's not earning so it'll be interesting to see what % of Ro$$ County'$ package we can offer?

I'm not convinced Frans is the sort of defender we're looking for and especially not if he's going to cost a bomb. With O'Ware being right footed, I would have thought we'd be looking for a left footer if possible or at least, someone comfortable bringing the ball out. I suspect United would be very keen to get someone like Frans.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing him back but he has a lot of goodwill extended despite not being the best Thistle defender I've ever seen. I thought he got dragged out of position too easily and was a bit cumbersome but there's no denying that he'd be a considerable improvement on what we had last season. Just seems too similar to O'Ware, for my money.

Bottom line is we don't need an exceptional keeper to win this league.

We skooshed the last edition of the Scottish First division with Scott Fox who was decent but not outstanding, imo. We even didn't let Graeme Smith's o.g. debut half the Jaggernaut.

Even last season  St Mirren waltzed to the title with Craig 'The ginja ninja' Samson in goals. 

I'd be happy with the likes of Alexander with Sneddon as understudy. We need to splash the cash in other areas of the team. Such as the defence, the midfield and up front 

TOW is a good signing, someone I would have liked to have seen playing for Dunfermline.

Edwards could be missed though, he would have been a very comfortable player in this league.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Big Freddie loves Glasgow, can't imagine him trying to explain he's vegan to the c***s in Wimpy up in Dingwall for an extra few quid a week.

Wait what? He’s vegan?

Get him to f**k.

Can’t see Frans moving back when he’s just had a kid in order to play in the 2nd tier, although he did love Glasgow. Would take him back though. Not sure how Edwards has gotten such a decent gig, he’s the definition of a headless chicken.

I’m not that bothered about resigning FF due to the wage he’d command, I’m not sure he’s worth it. Would much rather we had him than County or United though so get the cash oot, Colin.