The Partick Thistle thread

Do we have any depth outside of weans ffs?

The thing that disappoints me is that even with the financial constraints we're still in the fucking slow lane every summer and leaving ourselves work to do come January. Surely to f**k this guy who is a scout down south could identify targets early who we can both afford and are potentially good enough rather than bringing trialists in and hoping something sticks, cause that by and large has been a total fucking failure the last two summers.

Do we have any depth outside of weans ffs?

The thing that disappoints me is that even with the financial constraints we're still in the fucking slow lane every summer and leaving ourselves work to do come January. Surely to f**k this guy who is a scout down south could identify targets early who we can both afford and are potentially good enough rather than bringing trialists in and hoping something sticks, cause that by and large has been a total fucking failure the last two summers.

Well you've worked yourself into a state over f**k all.

We've made two signings already - Booth and Cerny. Both will be good additions to our squad. What's the problem with using youngsters for cover? If they're good enough then why does it matter?

And what exactly is the problem with taking a player on trial before signing them? Isn't it better that the management and coaching staff see him in person at training and in friendlies to get as in depth a look as possible before signing them?

First impression was 'meh'. Second take was very positive. I'm trying to recall (I am old) the last time there was so much red in a Thistle strip.

I like the bumblebee effect on the yellow erm ... hoop ... erm ... things. It's not so tidy close up but looks nice otherwise.

Now that's done I'll get on with fretting about the away strip and our plans for dead cert relegation because it's June 30th and other teams are signing players from the Premiership merry-go-round while Thistle isn't.

The actual signings by and large have been fine, but the trialists we have brought in outwith Osman have been overwhelmingly shite.

Precisely why they were brought in on trial rather than just being signed. The ones who Archie is sure are good enough just get signed, those he's not sure of come in on trial. It's not a difficult concept.

Or have targets, rather than being fed diddies by agents as trialists who come in to train or play bounce games and panicking on players like Eccleston, Kerr and Gabriel, never mind the hordes who have been punted. We had one player targeted in Taylor as a centre forward last year, and then brought in Eccleston when that went tits up, likewise with Carroll. We knew ATS was going off in January of the previous season, seems naive to me.

Edited by Snakebite

I'm hearing the other guy is David Amoo. Pacy winger ex of Liverpool, Hull, Carslisle and others.

Most ex-Liverpool players that come up here are shite.

His goal to games ratio are better than Higgy's though. Did very well for Carlisle.

I'd do that just for a laugh. As long as it's not green numbers!

It's the same lettering, numbering and colour scheme for all SPFL clubs.

I can't think of anywhere else other than the Celtic shop or Greaves who would do it