The Partick Thistle thread

Our wage bill will surely rise next season considering the likely promotion of a certain zombie hoard.

I'd heard Bannigan had decided to move down south from a fairly reliable source. Aberdeen would be a disappointing choice, imo.

have you heard anyone we have been linked with even a rumor or 2 would cheer me up a bit this whole window all i heard is who will be leaving starting to worry a bit when theres nothing at all in regards to who may come in i know archie does his buisness late but cmon give me something

Suspect this is the move he may make, I think there is a Bannigan shaped space at the back of Aberdeen's midfield with Flood getting on. A good move for him. Some of your more mouth breathing fans might not take to him because 'he's always passing it sideways' etc (still some that give him stick at Firhill), but he's a class act. I think he's our best player of the last 15 years.

doolan-hamilton.png

Edited by Slacker

Budget was cut after the crowds dipped last season, think it's stabilized this season. Once Stevo is offloaded in the summer and potentially Hibs and Rangers come up Archie should have a bit more to work with. Young guys like SOD, ATS and Banzo are always going to look for bigger things but as long as we keep finding guys like Cerny, Osman and Dumbuya as well as promoting youth like Hendry and Lindsay, we'll be fine.

We tend to keep quiet when it comes to signings so I wouldn't expect to hear any rumours of signings until they actually happen.

I sit somewhere in the middle with Bannigan. His talent is undeniable but he's prone to inconsistency and I personally rate Osman more in terms of ability. Banzo however still being fairly young has time to get even better so skys the limit I guess.

I sit somewhere in the middle with Bannigan. His talent is undeniable but he's prone to inconsistency and I personally rate Osman more in terms of ability. Banzo however still being fairly young has time to get even better so skys the limit I guess.

Agreed. I think he doesn't score enough goals and gets a lot of bookings. I don't think hes irreplaceable, but for the budget we have finding the right replacement won't be easy.

Aberdeen, I think, would be a strange move for Bannigan. Okay, it would be a move to a bigger club but it's the same teams he would be playing against. The same standard of football he would be competing against.

To develop his game he needs fresh challenges and that means a move to a decent level in England.

If he could add goals to his game then he can play at a very high level.

Edited by John MacLean

Aberdeen, I think, would be a strange move for Bannigan. Okay, it would be a move to a bigger club but it's the same teams he would be playing against. The same standard of football he would be competing against.

To develop his game he needs fresh challenges and that means a move to a decent level in England.

If he could add goals to his game then he can play at a very high level.

With Aberdeen, he'll be near the top of the league and should have a shot of European football. It might be a Thursday night in Kazakstan but it's more than he'll get here. It's the same level of football but it puts him in the window for, potentially, a bigger club down south than he'd get with his performances with us. He might also be put off by O'Donnell and ATS' (and Hendry's to a lesser extent) relatively slow starts to things down there. Aberdeen's a safe option for him.

Aberdeen is a safe option and not a bad one. It raises his profile and if he succeeds it puts him in shop window for a bigger move down south in his mid-twenties. It wouldn't be a bad choice as long as he plays a lot and mcInnes sees him as a first XI not a squad player addition.

A separate question. Wouldn't we be due some comp for him? Isn't Bosman rule for u23 players? Isn't he 23?

I hope he stays though.

Banzo seems a similar style of player to Kenny McLean. Maybe better on the defensive side of the game just as McLean is a bit more regular on the goals front. His main draw back is his one footedness and can be prone to a slack pass when pressured onto one side or the other. This would be my main concern in him playing at a higher level. Would be fine at another Premiership club or League one level down south. Couple of slack passes early on in the 2nd half against St Mirren. He also played a decent pass with his right, tbf.

Dools urging him to stay in today's ET. Get him telt Kris 8)

Aberdeen is a safe option and not a bad one. It raises his profile and if he succeeds it puts him in shop window for a bigger move down south in his mid-twenties. It wouldn't be a bad choice as long as he plays a lot and mcInnes sees him as a first XI not a squad player addition.

A separate question. Wouldn't we be due some comp for him? Isn't Bosman rule for u23 players? Isn't he 23?

I hope he stays though.

No, we don't get compensation because he is now 23.

have you heard anyone we have been linked with even a rumor or 2 would cheer me up a bit this whole window all i heard is who will be leaving starting to worry a bit when theres nothing at all in regards to who may come in i know archie does his buisness late but cmon give me something

The only "contact" I have is someone who is friends with Bannigan, so no idea who we're looking at.

Except Mandron obviously.

I wonder if there would be anyscope of loaning us back someone if they where to take bannigan just now.... I don't know who but pawlett or goodwillie don't seem to be first choices at the moment and I think they would strengthen us??

Edited by aldojag

How much did we accept for SOD last year from Blackpool, about £100k? Would hope we'll hold out for a bit more if we are going to let him go this window.

I still think he'll go down south but I have no source to this other than my own imagination.

I wonder if there would be anyscope of loaning us back someone if they where to take bannigan just now.... I don't know who but pawlett or goodwillie don't seem to be first choices at the moment and I think they would strengthen us??

I'd really not be keen on seeing Goodwillie in a Thistle Jersey