The Partick Thistle thread

The actual signings by and large have been fine, but the trialists we have brought in outwith Osman have been overwhelmingly shite.

Hence why we didn't sign them. Jags fans do make me laugh sometimes. So many absolute panic merchants.

From Maxi's previous comments will this not be the first transfer window where we have the benefit of the new scouting system? We may see less trialists and a more focused approach if that's the case.

I'll maybe start to worry if we haven't signed a few more players in two weeks time.

With the business other clubs who finished below us have done and the reduction of the budget I'd say its fair game to be concerned when we haven't added any new outfield players yet and lost a few decent players. If we've got players identified that the management are convinced enough to offer them contracts then brilliant, if we want to rely on bringing in trialists we know little about that are being to fed to us by agents, hoping one or two of them are good enough, I'd be worried by that.

With the business other clubs who finished below us have done and the reduction of the budget I'd say its fair game to be concerned when we haven't added any new outfield players yet and lost a few decent players. If we've got players identified that the management are convinced enough to offer them contracts then brilliant, if we want to rely on bringing in trialists we know little about that are being to fed to us by agents, hoping one or two of them are good enough, I'd be worried by that.

Get a grip of yourself, for the love of God!

Yeah, Killie are taking our best players, Motherwell are spending transfer fees, Ross County are chucking it around as usual, suggesting we might struggle has the fan boys wetting their pants.

I'd suggest the only pish-stained knickers are yours, darling.

Trialists are usually the dross that no one wants.

Although if we sign Taylor and someone to replace Higgy then we'll probably be set. I can see Wilson and Lindsay replacing Balatoni and Craigen.

The thing that's concerning me transfer-wise is that we were fed the same line as last year about securing safety as early as possible as there are players available and the sooner you can get safe the better chance you have of getting them.

We were safe 4 weeks before Motherwell and 2 weeks before County and Killie. I'm hoping that Cerny was the only one in that pot we decided was worthwhile.

Based on the last 2 years we haven't really signed too many players early but we did end up making a bit of a balls of it last August with Carroll and Eccleston being the 5 to 3 pull in the nightclub type of signing.

Not overly concerned yet, see how the next 2 / 3 weeks go.

Trialists are usually the dross that no one wants.

Although if we sign Taylor and someone to replace Higgy then we'll probably be set. I can see Wilson and Lindsay replacing Balatoni and Craigen.

I'd love to see Taylor back but are we going to keep waiting on him again? What also irks me is we were safe weeks before the season ended. With the budget constraints identifying targets who are affordable and good enough is even more of a priority.

Not bothered by the latter, Lindsay is quality and Craigen is a replaceable squad player for me.

Edited by Snakebite

The thing that's concerning me transfer-wise is that we were fed the same line as last year about securing safety as early as possible as there are players available and the sooner you can get safe the better chance you have of getting them.

We were safe 4 weeks before Motherwell and 2 weeks before County and Killie. I'm hoping that Cerny was the only one in that pot we decided was worthwhile.

Based on the last 2 years we haven't really signed too many players early but we did end up making a bit of a balls of it last August with Carroll and Eccleston being the 5 to 3 pull in the nightclub type of signing.

Not overly concerned yet, see how the next 2 / 3 weeks go.

Shameful post, IMO

Yeah, Killie are taking our best players, Motherwell are spending transfer fees, Ross County are chucking it around as usual, suggesting we might struggle has the fan boys wetting their pants.

I understand your misgivings but please don't exaggerate this one.