New Scottish Parliament

It's good to see Swinney taking on the education brief. Suggests they're serious about the attainment gap.

It's a shame to see Angela Constance back in the Parliament, let alone in the Cabinet though.

Can't be any worse than some of the previous holders of the education brief.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Humza Yousaf in Transport is a good thing for CalMac - he's young, well-liked and should have a good future as a regular in cabinet posts. They're surely not going to want him to be tainted with his first act as Transport Minister being an announcement of privatisation.

Pleasing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36330479

Expecting a climbdown from the 'but the SNP are privatising everything!!!11!!!!' Labour crowd, seen as CalMac has been their primary focus with that since the tendering process started.

Expecting a climbdown from the 'but the SNP are privatising everything!!!11!!!!' Labour crowd

You might want to consider hooking yourself up to an intravenous oxygen supply.

https://www.serco.com/media/pressreleases/clyde-and-hebrides-ferries-services

Serco bid ruled as "non compliant."

"Serco Group plc (Serco), the international service company, has been notified by Transport Scotland that it has been unsuccessful in its bid to operate the Clyde and Hebrides Ferries Services (CHFS).  Serco’s bid sought certain changes to commercial terms aimed at striking a balance between the risks and rewards involved, but in so doing the bid was deemed non-compliant by Transport Scotland

The Tories have unveiled their shadow cabinet.

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1354658-scottish-conservatives-unveil-their-shadow-cabinet/

Douglas Ross is shadow justice secretary. Presumably that means his days as an SFA linesman have come to an end, for the time being at least.

The Tories have unveiled their shadow cabinet.

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1354658-scottish-conservatives-unveil-their-shadow-cabinet/

Douglas Ross is shadow justice secretary. Presumably that means his days as an SFA linesman have come to an end, for the time being at least.

SNP in Gov, Torys forming shadow cabinet and Labour nowhere to be seen.

Unthinkable in Scotland only a decade ago

Yup but they will be the main shadow opposition.

Previously unthinkable this millennium

There isn't an official opposition in Holyrood, just the governing party and the rest are the opposition. In terms of size of parties, I agree. Given the shambles that Labour have become, I don't think it was unthinkable.

There isn't an official opposition in Holyrood, just the governing party and the rest are the opposition. In terms of size of parties, I agree. Given the shambles that Labour have become, I don't think it was unthinkable.

It was 10 yrs ago.. that's my point

There should be an official opposition with shadow cabinet in my opinion

I wonder if this was another part of the design of the parliament designed to weaken the SNP.

When holyrood was set up the SNP were competing with the Lib Dems to be the second party. Labour were way in front and the Tories were in the doldrums.

I wonder if this was another part of the design of the parliament designed to weaken the SNP.

When holyrood was set up the SNP were competing with the Lib Dems to be the second party. Labour were way in front and the Tories were in the doldrums.

This is nonsense. The Lib Dems were never even the 3rd Party at Holyrood. Stop talking shite.

Archived