Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I guess Hamilton is viewed as the long term u21 keeper (rightly or wrongly) and more likely to need the exposure to international squads.

Fox is clearly more or less on a par with Bain for the fourth/fifth choice senior keeper. Which of course used to be Craig Samson...

Bain is clearly ahead of Fox, which is why he's been called up to every single squad while Fox hasn't.  I like Fox, but he's never going to be a regular squad member.

Bain is clearly ahead of Fox, which is why he's been called up to every single squad while Fox hasn't.  I like Fox, but he's never going to be a regular squad member.

Right.  But it's for the fourth keeper position.  It really doesn't matter.  It's like arguing about which of us has the seventh most effective umbrella.

Ironically, Fox may well get some playing time despite Bain getting all these call ups.  He could have a blinder...

there is obviously a god if Hutton and Martin have pulled out........perhaps clown Strachan could call Rhodes up and give him a chance??? Also finally get to see someone else Play at RB although no doubt he will cack it and play Russell Martin there rather than give Patterson, who will turn down other countries to play for us, a debut who will then in turn chose someone else because Strachan is a fool, I would say the script is already written in that respect.......

there is obviously a god if Hutton and Martin have pulled out........perhaps clown Strachan could call Rhodes up and give him a chance??? Also finally get to see someone else Play at RB although no doubt he will cack it and play Russell Martin there rather than give Patterson, who will turn down other countries to play for us, a debut who will then in turn chose someone else because Strachan is a fool, I would say the script is already written in that respect.......

I fully expect Strachan to not call up Rhodes and state he is happy with the three forwards he has left. I have a little faith that he might start Paterson in one of these games, but shuffle Martin out there for another one of them (tho surely we should be trying out another CB in that case)

Majority of the team picks itself bar our weakest area, the defence. Paterson has to start with me, he's had a reasonable season for Hearts and it will show us far he is in his career against two top national sides. No point in fucking about with the centre halfs unless it's putting in Berra who I actually quite like and brings balance to the squad. Left back is our main problem for these matches. No Shinnie, Tierney or Robertson due to Europe/Playoffs and Wallace now papping it after the cup final. Only options are Mulgrew or Anya and as much as I hate to say it, the former looks likely to start there. I don't know if Whittaker is included in this squad, can't remember it off the top of my head but hopefully not.

Edit: just looked at the squad, Whittaker is included. I still see Robertson is included so I take it he will be included for the France game. Would throw Kingsley in at left back.

Archived